Huckleberry Farms - Royal Oak

Large market offering certified organic produce as well an extensive imported range of vegetarian and vegan food. Has ready made meals, dried pasta, breads, cereals, cruelty-free cosmetics, personal care products, herbal remedies, and more. more-less

First Review by LisaTNZ
Petesternz
Petesternz

Useful but pricey

4 Posted on 06 / 22 / 2013

There is a very good selection of vegan products here, and lots of things you might not find anywhere else. Just remember to empty your bank account before coming here. It is superbly pricey!
Updated from previous review on Wednesday December 16, 2009

All still true. Very expensive, but useful for a few items you can't really get anywhere else...

shankaboom
shankaboom

huckleberry

1 Posted on 02 / 26 / 2013

Number one issue, I don't like the fact these guys sell meat. I'm an old school vegan, and remember the days of co-op's, I saw the advent of the likes of fresh and wild, and planet organic in the uk, and all I've got to say is that these people have turned a beautiful concept into a corporate style money spinner.... I am also Peed off with them because they charge the earth, and the straw that broke this camels back was when I bought a little tub of Aurvedic tooth powder, and noticed the best before date was 'smudged' off, funnily enough the manufactured date was still on there, and it was 3 years previous I buy this brand regularily, and the product lasts 2 years). not impressed at all.

LisaTNZ
LisaTNZ

Best range in NZ

5 Posted on 04 / 30 / 2008

I found this store to have the best range of vegetarian and organic product in NZ (as much as I've seen). They have a fresh food counter with awesome juice combos and very knowledgeable staff. I spoke to a naturopath on the staff who helped me for 25mins for free!

Pros: Great range, Great staff, Awesome juices
Cons: Not on the North Shore

Dear Owner and Manager of Huckleberry Farms - Royal Oak: