Indian grocery store also selling vegetarian, mostly vegan, food. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Fast-food, Take-out,
827 Main St
Schererville, Indiana 46375
219-322-3843

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by kalibrena
Veggie46
Veggie46

yummy vegan India food!

Posted on 04 / 20 / 2013

Super friendly staff and many delicious vegan options!

sweetheart930
sweetheart930

Finally a veg restaurant!

Posted on 01 / 26 / 2013

I went to visit my family in NW IN in October 2012 & was so excited to find out there is finally a fully veg restaurant there! The restaurant is actually about 40 minutes from my family's house, but I still went there twice in the 8 days I was visiting. The "restaurant" is just a tiny area inside a tiny Indian grocery store. The menu was small, but the food was great. I am vegan & didn't have any trouble finding things on the menu to eat. In a more veg-friendly area I'd probably give this a 4 mainly because the eating space itself is tiny & visually unappealing, but considering the area it's definitely a 5.

Pros: It's a vegetarian restaurant in NW IN!, Great food
Cons: Tiny space inside grocery store
choice4mecrueltyfree
choice4mecrueltyfree

LOVED IT

Posted on 04 / 10 / 2011

i just went here for the first time. i loved it. it is quite small and homey feeling. from the moment we walked in, the owner was quite friendly, always asking us if we needed help, but not in an annoying way. he was very helpful in picking out what was vegan for me and said he could make any changes for me. he seemed concerned that we were enjoying it. i cant wait to go back and try more dishes. there are not that many restaurants around here that go that extra mile and try to help us out, and especially none that really have vegan choices. im such a happy little camper right now

Pros: good food, good prices, homey feeling
Cons: was really hot in there

kalibrena
kalibrena

Best Indian food in NWI

Posted on 02 / 18 / 2009

Besides being the only all veg Indian restaurant in NWI they are also the best. The owners are happy to let you know which items are vegan and everything is pretty inexpensive!

Dear Owner and Manager of House of India: