Honzen Cafe

Sept 2013 opened this location and also outlet at 41 Sam Leong Road, 207931. Its North Bridge Commercial Complex location shut down a month prior. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Chinese, Singaporean

First Review by a112
Peace ...
Peace ...

Experiencing Vegetarian Fine-Dinning @ Honzen

4 Posted on 01 / 25 / 2014

Situated in Little India at Sam Leong Street is Honzen. This vegetarian restaurant was at Bugis area but have moved to Little India. I have been to this restaurant when they were operating at Bugis and when I wanted to visit them again last year, they were no longer there.

Due to my busy schedule, I didn’t really catch up on what’s new in the vegetarian food scene in Singapore. It seems that there are lots of happenings.

If it wasn’t someone who told me about this eatery last December, I would have thought this restaurant no longer exist. Being invited to a dinner at this place by someone, I brought with me the old expectation which I have when I last visited them.

Surprise! When I stepped into this place, the renovation catch my attention - it projected a calm and peaceful vibe. The next surprise was to discover that they moved into a new dinning concept – Vegetarian Fine Dining and on the 2nd level is their tea house. Indeed, this is contributing to a more vibrant vegetarian food scene here. Kudos.

Vegetarians now here have more choices. I believe it would provide another food venue for non-vegetarian to sample different type of vegetarian food.

Here, diner get to choose from few set menu and it will be changed often for the surprise element. The food is delicious and kid menu (Burger with salad and fried, Mushroom Soup) at $10 is available.

As it is of fine-dining concept, so for big eaters, you may need to order some side orders. However, a pleasant place to charm your beloved this Valentine’s day.

Pros: Relaxing & Quiet, Friendly & Cheerful, Tasty Vegetarian Food
Richard Myers
Richard Myers

It was a good change

3 Posted on 11 / 18 / 2013

After going through the interesting Chinatown market area, we sought out Honzen. I was a bit surprised that the restaurant is divided into two parts and one of them is vegetarian. The choices are not great. I had the pasta in tomato sauce. I have been getting a bit tired of Chinese and Indian food and although the food was not something to write home about, it was a nice change.

Pros: Clean, Cheap
Cons: Limited choice
HappyVioleta
HappyVioleta

peaceful place in busy bugis

4 Posted on 07 / 11 / 2013

the place inside is very peceful and quiet, despite the general business of the area.
except one raw dish, no choices. but all dishes are vegetarian, no eggs, no onion, no garlic. some come with cream, can be served without.
drinks come with honey and super sweet. mention if you wish without, some of them can be prepared, some are already made. teas are celebrated, nice servings. price ok.
staff is much friendlier than the owner. overall good experience.

a112
a112

• raw

zen place

4 Posted on 04 / 07 / 2013

For raw vegans only one salad, small portion. But other food is quite tasty. Place is clean and calm. We liked it.

Cons: small portion of salad

Dear Owner and Manager of Honzen Cafe: