CLOSED: Holy Soup - Karl-Li...

Soup bar offering a weekly changing range of seven different soups of which 3 or 4 are vegan, clearly marked as such. A soup costs between 2-5 Euros including as much bread as you like. JUNE 2014 REPORTED SHUT. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Organic, German, Western,Take-out
Zschochersche Str. 33a
Leipzig, Germany 04229
0341-2369307

Open Mon-Fri 11am-8pm, Sat 11:30am-4pm.

First Review by celeste
vegan_ryan
vegan_ryan

Big portions, tasty, too much incense

Posted on 12 / 02 / 2012

Vegan options are clearly marked on the menu, so that's a big plus. However, I was almost knocked over by the amount of incense burning when I went inside. If you don't like incense, this is a bad place for you.

The food was really filling. I had a large bowl of lentil soup (comes with bread) and a cola for 7,5€ and I hardly managed to finish all of it.

Service is quick, since all they have to do is slice some bread and then spoon the soup into your bowl. I am not sure if they offer take-away, but the food and price are both good.

Pros: All-veg, Large portions
Cons: Too much incense
Cantona1983
Cantona1983

soupalicious

Posted on 05 / 24 / 2012

really nice selection of soups (though lately it has become a bit samey). love the fact they are all vegetarian (though really liked it when more of them had meat substitutes in them like tofu sausages or soy mince meat)
Updated from previous review on Thursday May 24, 2012

Pros: good food, kid friendly, friendly staff
Cons: bit samey
celeste
celeste

Wonderful soups!

Posted on 07 / 13 / 2011

If you love soup (and I LOVE soup!!) Then this place is great! Yes,they only have soup and a few small desserts,bread and some drink selections. Still,if you're going to only make one thing,you should be able to do it well,and Holy Soup does soup well! They make it clear which are vegetarian and which are vegan,the staff is warm,funny and helpful,and the soups are wonderful. I was about 6 weeks pregnant and was hungry ALL OF THE TIME and their soup satisfied me. Their bread is quite wonderful as well. I wish we had a place like this in Copenhagen.

Pros: Really tasty soup, wonderful staff, simple and inexpensive
Cons: "only" soup, could use more vegan desserts, small restaurant

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Holy Soup - Karl-Liebknecht-Str: