All vegetarian and vegan grocery store, has takeaway food. Confirmed open July 2014. more-less
34 Rue Serpente (Rue Danton, nearest metro: Odeon)
Paris, France 75006

Open Mon-Sat 11am-8pm, closed Sun.

First Review by lilpeche
paris_student
paris_student

Must go!!! Best vegan / vegetarian place in Paris

5 Posted on 07 / 27 / 2014

Moving to Paris, I was worried about options I would have as a vegan - I am so lucky to have discovered Holy Planet! After discovering this gem, I stopped going anywhere else in Paris for vegan / vegetarian options - Holy Planet is the best! It has the most comprehensive options, always fresh, fresh fresh, always delicious - As an added bonus, whenever I need anything on the go, Holy Planet has the on-the-go vegan soups and delicious sandwiches!! For anyone like me who wants ready prepared AND vegan food, you know how difficult this is to find!

Additionally, it is in an extremely convenient location (Odéon on Lines 4 and 10). I find products here that I cannot in other stores. Plus, the staff is super friendly and always welcoming.

Pros: Best selection Vegan/ Veggie, Amazing prepared soups/ sandwiches, Great location at Odéon
Cons: NONE!!
Spinachlover
Spinachlover

Best independent grocery store in Paris!!!!!

5 Posted on 07 / 25 / 2014

Holy Planet is not closed!! I visit the store every time I'm in Paris (just came back a couple of weeks ago) and just LOVE their fresh produce, vegan homemade soups and sandwiches, and most of all the friendly environment. They even have a sitting area where you can enjoy your sandwich and read French magazines!!
Definitely visit this unique French store!

Forjg
Forjg

You should go!

5 Posted on 06 / 01 / 2013

Paris is a tough place to find good vegan food to be certain. At Holy Planet, you can feel at home. The sandwiches are great! The owner has to be one of the nicest people ever and I am happy to have met her and to support her.

Just go.

Pros: excellent food, VERY friendly staff, nice vibe
Cons: Non
Babette
Babette

Nice place to shop

4 Posted on 04 / 25 / 2012

This might not be the best natural food stores for vegans, but there are still a lot of options and I would recommend going there for grocery shopping.

I ordered a soup for take-out, but it was not even warm...At least it was quite tasty.

Pros: vegan cheese spread, vegan milks, vegan yoghurt
NekoCat
NekoCat

A new favorite!

5 Posted on 06 / 11 / 2011

Holy Planet is a great little shop. As others have said, the proprietress was not only friendly and welcoming, but also a fluent English speaker.

The grocery is lovely - they carry some fresh fruits and vegetables, a good selection of vegan cooking staples, and even some vegan desserts!

The little deli was a wonderful surprise. They sell sandwiches and salads - I had their #2, a hummus sandwich, and it was absolutely wonderful. Filling, tasty, the whole nine yards. Pretty inexpensive, too.

As of May 2011, they're open Monday - Saturday 11a-8p.

Pros: great sandwiches, friendly staff, good hours
Cons: limited seating

teafour2
teafour2

This place really made our trip - excellent

5 Posted on 05 / 28 / 2011

This small store is open from 11am-8pm (April 2011) and the perfect place to get a veggie baguette for lunch.

We went here twice during our short stay, but would visit every day if we lived in Paris.

The lovely lady who owns it was fluent in english, and made us fantastic fresh baguette sandwiches packed with seitan slices, aubergine pate, salad and humus.

The shop sold a good variety of vegetarian/vegan foods and we bought drinks and snacks for the day ahead.

Lovely staff, lovely food.

lilpeche
lilpeche

Holy Planet is brilliant

5 Posted on 05 / 05 / 2010

Brilliant vegetarian store with large vegan selection. They have great vegan ice cream and other desserts. Fresh sandwich and salad takeaway menu. Supper friendly and helpful staff. Having lived in Paris fot the past 8 years this must be my very favourite store.

Pros: excellent sandwiches, great selection of vegan foods, super friendly staff

Dear Owner and Manager of Holy Planet: