In addition to the many dairy gelato flavors, this place typically offers 12 flavors of vegan gelato, made in-house on the premise. Has coconut-based as well as soy milk based vegan gelato. Brownies and waffle cones are supposed to be vegan, too - ask. Colorful interior with several small tables for seating. more-less

First Review by katiemgibbs
Chia
Chia

Yummy vegan gelato

4 Posted on 10 / 07 / 2012

I had read about this place on HappyCow and stopped in to give it a try, October 2012. Here's my Holy Gelato review.

It's a colorful little shop with seating inside. There are two freezer glasses with display of the day's gelato flavors. The vegan flavors are featured in one case while the dairy ones are in a another case next to it.

On the day I went, there were 11 vegan flavors. I tried the toasted coconut and almond one, which had an excellent flavor and taste. I also tried the "bomb" which combined peanut butter and chocolate and something else, and that was pretty good and sweet. A couple of the other vegan flavor names I remember were mint chocolate and Thai ice tea.

The young woman working behind the counter told me that the vegan gelato are all made on the premises while the dairy ones are made in a different kitchen elsewhere.

katiemgibbs
katiemgibbs

Best vegan ice cream I've had!

5 Posted on 01 / 17 / 2012

I found this place on a recent trip to San Fran. Here are the flavors I tried: Coconut Heaven (coconut milk based ice cream with chocolate chips, toasted coconut and toasted almonds), Charlie Brown's Nightmare (soy based ice cream with chocolate, peanut butter and cookies) and Irish Morning (coconut milk based with coffee, fudge, cookies and Whiskey). This is probably the best vegan ice cream I've tasted!!!!!!! This place is a must visit for vegans heading to San Fransisco! See my blog review for more: http://bit.ly/AcUNgV

Dear Owner and Manager of Holy Gelato: