Richmond veggie cafe located in an attractive park with a terrace overlooking the Thames. Same owner as Tide Tables under Richmond Bridge. Serves fair trade coffee, tea, light ovo-lacto veggie meals, a couple vegan options, cakes, and cookies. Price: Moderate more-less
Ovo, Lacto, Organic, English, Western
Terrace Gardens, Petersham Road, Richmond
South West London, England TW10 6UX
020-89486555

Call for hours - tell us

• Cash only

First Review by Deano
Diz Parker
Diz Parker

Hollyhock cafe

Posted on 06 / 30 / 2015

I visited this lovely wee cafe on 28th June 2015. What a special spot...serene and green. The menu looked promising and I ordered the vegan falafel salad. It arrived with a slab of butter on the side...and 3 bits of feta in the salad, so I was immediately put off. Such a shame...this place could and should be amazing.

mnewing
mnewing

lovely spot

Posted on 01 / 05 / 2010

Often eat here as the food is simple and good and they let you in with your dog. It is right on the river so perfect for a long dog walk and a lunch stop.

Pros: lovely location, good food, dog friendly
Deano
Deano

The cupboard was bare

Posted on 09 / 08 / 2008

The description of Hollyhock Cafe is that it's vegan-friendly. I'm sorry but this is the least vegan-friendly veggie cafe I've ever been to. The total choice on offer for vegans was a baked potato with beans, and a strudel. This is a shame because the cafe is in a fantastic location. I'd love to go back - but not until they live up to the billing. The strudel? It wasn't bad - but hardly worth the trip on an empty stomach.

Pros: Great location
Cons: VERY limited vegan choice

Dear Owner and Manager of Hollyhock Cafe: