Hodo Soy Beanery

Small kiosk in the SF Ferry building, Pier 1. Features a frigerator filled with fresh tofu, soy milk, yuba, and a variety of prepared vegan meals, drinks, and desserts for grab-n-go. The actual beanery is located in Oakland. more-less

First Review by Sonja and Dirk
Mydailysmoothie
Mydailysmoothie

was great, but closed

5 Posted on 12 / 23 / 2013

This place was great but it is no longer there. Hodo tofu is available at Rainbow Grocery so check it out there.

Pros: delicious tofu
Cons: does not exist (store closed)
Chia
Chia

Soy and tofu products at Pier 1

5 Posted on 01 / 16 / 2012

I had read about this place on happycow and decided to check it out during my San Francisco a few weeks ago. Here's my Hodo Soy Beanery review.

It's a very little kiosk space with a refrigerator. That's all. Offers tofu, soymilk, and other soy products that they make at their kitchen in Oakland.

The booth is located directly across from the Penchamama Raw kiosk. I was so surprised to find how little these food booths are inside the Pier 1 building.

Pros: all veg, fresh made
SynthVegan
SynthVegan

Hodo Soy Beanery

5 Posted on 11 / 11 / 2011

I just realized that I had the Hodo Tofu in my meal at Greens when I was writing my review for Greens tonight. The tofu was amazing and among the best I've ever had. I'm upping this review to 5 cows for that tasty tofu!

Updated from previous review on Friday November 11, 2011:
Hodo Soy Beanery has a small little stand near one of the entrances of the ferry building. They had a lot of good looking products there, but I went for the pudding... What can I say, I had sweet tooth that day. Overall it was pretty good, and in retrospect, I'm sad that I didn't purchase any of the other tofu products - there's always next time, right? And did I mention that you can eat your food outside along the bay? Very nice atmosphere.

Sonja and Dirk
Sonja and Dirk

amazing yuba

4 Posted on 05 / 30 / 2011

As we arrived by ferry, we had to check out the Hodo kiosk. There were large samples available of the tofu slaw and egg salad sandwich. The friendly staff person had us also try the black sesame yuba and it was like crack! So good! Since it was day old, she let us buy 2 for 1. We also got one of the tofu salads and a chocolate mousse made with tofu and Scharffen Berger chocolate (John Scharffenberger is CEO of Hodo). For a drink, we got the Thai Iced Tea bottle. Per the staff, all the homemade Hodo stuff is vegan. As noted, the yuba is amazing while the rest of the our food was good. We hope to visit the actual beanery someday to see everything they have available.

Pros: amazing yuba, friendly staff
Cons: limited variety at kiosk

Dear Owner and Manager of Hodo Soy Beanery: