Part of international Loving Hut chain. Previously served food in Finnish festivals and other events. Serves vegan Asian style buffet for 7.90€ (salads, soup, warm dishes, sushi) and also a menu full of vegan dishes. Reported closed to HappyCow. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Buffet, Asian

First Review by emilyt_w
VegTim
VegTim

Friendly Asian, like Loving Hut

5 Posted on 10 / 28 / 2012

While visiting Finland in May/June 2012 I ate with HoDai people about 3 times: once I went to their restaurant in Helsinki and a few times I ate with them in festivals.
It was a nice experience meeting the friendly staff, receiving good service and yummy food.

They were not 100% vegan by the way, since they offered dairy milk and cream with coffee in their restaurant but they told about it and offered also soy milk.

Pros: Friendly staff, Good food, Good service
Cons: Unclear opening times, Sometimes crowded during lunch hour
LucidDreams
LucidDreams

Nice asian buffet

4 Posted on 08 / 04 / 2012

We visited this little restaurant during a short stop in Helsinki. Staff was very friendly and the food was nice. Some hot dishes including vegan fish (which tasted a lot like fish if you like that) personally i perfered the other hot dishes since i'm not a big fan of the fish taste but still a fun thing to try. They also had some cold dishes like sallads, sushi and such.

Pros: Nice food, Friendly staff, Easy to find
tomahola
tomahola

The restaurant I have been waiting for

5 Posted on 08 / 02 / 2012

My first taste of the cuisine of this venue was at a fast food stand some years back at a music festival. Their spring rolls were big and tasty. Then I found out that they have the Loving Hut restaurant chain and I've been wishing they open a restaurant near me. Now I'm very happy Ho Dai opened in Helsinki. Not only do they have fast food spring rolls but a really great buffet with various dishes and salads and it was really really good. I'm not a friend of faux meat dishes but their "duck" and "fish" (vegan, of course) were interesting and good. I really support their philosophy too, saving the world by going vegan. I wish their restaurant succeeds in business and they can expand to other cities. Helsinki now has almost as many vegetarian restaurants you would expect in a capital city.

Pros: variety, taste, pure vegan
Cons: I don't live next door to it

jgflores
jgflores

You better hope they are open or can be contacted

2 Posted on 07 / 26 / 2012

My family and I had one day to spend in Helsinki and we thought this would be a great lunch restaurant based on a previous review. We could not reach them by phone internationally, there was no e-mail address and when we got there after walking for a while with kids from the ship terminal, they were closed at lunch time on a Wednesday. It was not a Finnish holiday, they were open the day before. There was no notice on the door or anything. We came back an hour later in hopes that they would be open, and they never were. It sounded like a great place, however since there seems to be no way to contact them internationally we'll never know. Needless to say we were very dissapointed.

Pros: hip neighborhood, looked decent from outside, friendly neighbor
Cons: closed midweek on lunch, unreachable by phone, unreachable by e-mail
emilyt_w
emilyt_w

Fresh, asian & lovely service

4 Posted on 07 / 02 / 2012

Glad we ventured to find this small, quiet place. Buffet style with fresh mainly asian feel vegan (run by vietnamese family who speak finnish and vietnamese only - really lovely, they insisted we take food take away because we didn't go back for seconds, because we were so full!). Cheap meal for a buffet - $7.90 euro. Well worth it for a lovely meal with vegan and non-vegan friends would enjoy if you're in Helsinki :)

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Ho Dai: