HLS Juice Bar and Grill

Serves meat, veg options available. Vegan/vegetarian section on menu with sandwiches, soups, salads, and extensive juice and drinks menu. Casual and colorful decor. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, American, Organic, Juice bar, Take-out, Non-veg
1859 Springfield Ave
Maplewood, New Jersey 07040
Now Open

Mon-Sat 11:00am-9:30pm, Sun 11:30am-8:00pm

First Review by Ethan

Delicious Fake-Meat - Vegan/Veg options

Posted on 06 / 28 / 2015

Maybe 7 options of vegetarian wraps, all can be made vegan I believe. Some veggie salads, rice bowls, and good fake chicken nuggets as well, Along with an array of healthy juices and smoothies. Check it out!!

Pros: Fake meat was delicious, Not too pricey , Multiple options
Cons: Fake meat can be dry

Hit or Miss

Posted on 04 / 21 / 2013

The first time I went here I loved it, but two times afterwards I got food that was lousy -- kinda funky tasting (maybe the vegan stuff imitated meat too much? I can't pinpoint it, but I wasn't pleased). Sometimes they play music too loud and you can't enjoy the place.

The vegan cupcakes were delicious.

Pros: Nice artwork, Friendly, Fast service
Cons: Food is hit or miss, Too loud

Great New Addition to the Neighborhood

Posted on 11 / 28 / 2009

We stopped in to this great, fresh, new spot on Springfield Avenue in Maplewood and were very pleasantly surprised. They have a great juice selection and there are lots of vegetarian-friendly options. There are even vegan dessert options. I just wish they would drop the dead animal flesh from the menu, but baby-steps. I'm glad there's another place in town that isn't a pizzeria, Chinese food restaurant, or Pub/Grill.

Pros: Healthy food, Great space
Cons: slow staff, meat on menu

Dear Owner and Manager of HLS Juice Bar and Grill: