HLS Juice Bar and Grill

Serves meat, veg options available. Vegan/vegetarian section on menu with sandwiches, soups, salads, and extensive juice and drinks menu. Casual and colorful decor. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, American, Organic, Juice bar, Take-out, Non-veg
1859 Springfield Ave
Maplewood, New Jersey 07040
973-763-1127

Open Mon-Sat 11am-9:30pm, Sun 11:30am-8:00pm.

First Review by Ethan
Seakist
Seakist

Hit or Miss

2 Posted on 04 / 21 / 2013

The first time I went here I loved it, but two times afterwards I got food that was lousy -- kinda funky tasting (maybe the vegan stuff imitated meat too much? I can't pinpoint it, but I wasn't pleased). Sometimes they play music too loud and you can't enjoy the place.

The vegan cupcakes were delicious.

Pros: Nice artwork, Friendly, Fast service
Cons: Food is hit or miss, Too loud
Ethan
Ethan

Great New Addition to the Neighborhood

3 Posted on 11 / 28 / 2009

We stopped in to this great, fresh, new spot on Springfield Avenue in Maplewood and were very pleasantly surprised. They have a great juice selection and there are lots of vegetarian-friendly options. There are even vegan dessert options. I just wish they would drop the dead animal flesh from the menu, but baby-steps. I'm glad there's another place in town that isn't a pizzeria, Chinese food restaurant, or Pub/Grill.

Pros: Healthy food, Great space
Cons: slow staff, meat on menu

Dear Owner and Manager of HLS Juice Bar and Grill: