Hitoe Sushi

Serves meat, veg options available. Japanese restaurant. Menu includes some vegan appetizers, salads, rolls, and nigiri. A few other vegetarian items as well. Casual atmosphere with a selection of graphic novels and Japanese themed novelty items for sale at the front of the restaurant. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Japanese, Non-veg

First Review by Vegmers
Vegmers
Vegmers

Super sushi!

4 Posted on 10 / 13 / 2011

I only have great things to say about my meal at Hitoe. The flavours were wonderful, the textures were perfect and everything was very fresh. I had the seaweed salad and shared some edamame and veg gyoza to start and then went on to have cuke rolls, yam tempura rolls, and inari nigiri. For me, from a veg sushi perspective, yam tempura rolls are a good test (not too big, not too dry, freshly fried tempura) and these passed with flying colours.

The servers were friendly and passed by our table regularly with refills of tea and water and to take additional orders.

I wish I lived in Vancouver so that I could go more often.

Pros: excellent food, good value, friendly staff

Dear Owner and Manager of Hitoe Sushi: