Hin & Veg is a Hamburg vegetarian restaurant. Small, mostly take-out with several small tables in the back. Serves typical German and Indian fast foods: veggie bratwurst, veggie curry-wurst, veggie burgers, pizza, pasta and Indian curry dishes, and more. All dishes vegan upon request. Confirmed open as of Sept 2011. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Organic, Indian, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Take-out
Schulterblatt 16 (West Schanzenviertel)
Hamburg, Germany 20357 Hamburg
040-59453402
  • Cash only

First Review by Petesternz
Simi
Simi

junkfood

Posted on 11 / 29 / 2014

Super Große Auswahl. Nettes Personal und das Essen ist für veganes hink Food auch echt super!

Pros: Preise, alles vegetarisch oder vegan
greenhexi
greenhexi

Really nice burgers

Posted on 03 / 16 / 2014

The Seitan burger patty is much better than any I have ever eaten. There is not much else on the burger but that's OK. The fries were not the best I ever had but at least animal-free. I also had a gyros platter which was very nice (I hate it when Seitan is too wobbly and here they really do the Seitan firm). I had pasta which was overcooked and salad which was leafish. Whenever I come (lunch time, afternoon or Thursday and Friday evening) I always god a seat. The staff is a bit unfriendly but the service is fast.

Pros: Good seitan texture, Fast service
HannesRR
HannesRR

delicious

Posted on 03 / 09 / 2014

I had chillieburger, bratkartoffeln and kartoffelpuffer. All nice!

Pros: affordable, fast, many dishes
Cons: not very healthy ;)

TheBierschorle
TheBierschorle

Good and tasty Hamburger, EXCELLENT vegan mayonais

Posted on 12 / 01 / 2013

We had a Cheeseburger and a Chilliburger with fries- they were really good and tasty.
Instead of veggie-patty we had a seitan-patty which tasted really good.
But the best was the mayonnaise! I had to ask the staff to make sure it was actual vegan. The fries were also very good.
Plus we didn't have to wait long to get our dishes.
All in all a really good place for fast/junk food with a really good price-performance-ratio!

Pros: vegan mayonnaise, excellent price-perfomance-ratio, veggie oder seitan patty
NIlsI
NIlsI

Junk food can be better

Posted on 03 / 26 / 2013

Sometimes I really love to eat some junk food. The 'Hin und Veg' has a great variety of different burgers, pizzas, hot dogs, fries and also offers some indian dishes.
I used to go there quite often but unfortunately the quality of the food gets worse and worse. Also the staff is the most unfriendly staff I've ever seen.

I do not go there anymore, I had to many bad experiences with it.

Pros: junk food, variety, located
Cons: staff, quality, atmosphere
Patricia H
Patricia H

Solid

Posted on 11 / 06 / 2011

I've been there last weekend on a short trip to Hamburg. Wasn't that orientated in Hamburg as I haven't been there for years and just wrote down this address because it was near the place where the concert was I've been too. The place was quite crowded when I came in. The stuff wasn't that friendly, they actually didn't talk at all and they weren't in a hurry so it took quite long until I got my food, so you could't call it fast food. I had a burger with fries and the burger was quite good but the fries weren't the best. The prices are fair, I guess. Might be a good place if you want some fast food but I definetely will try another place when I'm in Hamburg the next time.

Pros: fair prices
Cons: unfriendly stuff, long waiting
sierkson
sierkson

Vegans have the right to eat unhealthy too

Posted on 07 / 06 / 2011

Because vegan and vegetarian people have the right to eat unhealthy fast food, it was about time for a place like this. I have had all the dishes in a better and veggie way already, but u find all of them here. SO if you are in the area, lookin for classical fast food (burger, pizza, hot dog, curry wurst etc.), go here.

if you look for good and healthy fast food, you should go to Azeitona, which takes you 3min from here. They serve healthy oriental inspired fast food.

When you crave for fast food, it's o.k. to go here. Sometimes the plates are too small (gyros), sometimes they are good. Some dishes are quite fine, some are not good. Figure out yourself. Only when craving fast food. All others go to azeitona, raval or backbord.

Pros: Huge variety of fast food, served fast
Cons: unfriendly staff, some dishes are not good, (sometimes) lack in value for money
hack_man
hack_man

St Pauli's Finest

Posted on 04 / 25 / 2011

I loved this place instantly. It's in the fabulously anti-capitalist and slightly anarchistic area of St Pauli on a vibrant and bustling street. Essentially a take out with a huge selection of food such as pizza, burgers, hot dogs, soups and kebabs with a good amount of seating at the side and rear. Hot and cold drinks are served including beers. There is a great feel to Hin & Veg, it's cool and retro with very reasonable prices. Definitely go here when in Hamburg.

Pros: food, staff, relaxed
Discordius
Discordius

Disappointing.

Posted on 03 / 30 / 2011

Out of the wide ranged assortment of vegetarian and vegan mostly fast food German and Indian stuff i chose the rice stew with seitan, and it was the worst seitan I ever ate. Besides, it was waaay to expensive, and the service was the most mopish and ill-tempered I experienced for a while. Best for taking out some burgers probably.

Cons: price, service, quality
eye of judgement
eye of judgement

fastfood galore

Posted on 09 / 03 / 2010

If you're looking for dirty, fat, unhealthy, but ethically sound food, this is the place. The food is not the best I ever had, but, hey, it's cheap, and sometimes you just need to obey to these cravings for bad things.
Only recommended when you really want fast food.

Pros: cheap, fast, food
Cons: burger could be better, atmosphere
walden
walden

vegan fast food

Posted on 11 / 07 / 2009

Here you get vegatarian fast food, nearly everything with vegan option. Pizzas, Burgers etc. My favourite: double cheesburger with pommes ketchup&mayo, vegan. I was one week in Hamburg and I ate everyday here.

Pros: good fast food, nice location, inexpensive
Cons: somewhat slow
Gijs
Gijs

good snack place

Posted on 08 / 10 / 2009

The Schanzenviertel neighbourhood in which this restaurant is located is a very lively and laid back area and shouldn't be missed in a visit to Hamburg. Had a veggieburger and potatoes at Hin&Veg. The potatoes were a bit too fatty, but the veggieburger was so good it made me order a second one.

Pros: tasty burgers, nice neighbourhood
Cons: not very healthy, potatoes were not very good
joseykitson
joseykitson

Awesome but not healthy

Posted on 06 / 24 / 2009

The food here was great! Everything was vegan. I had the Hawaii burger. It was not healthy but I really, really enjoyed it :) The area is great so it is def. worth the trip!

mako
mako

Great Place!

Posted on 06 / 02 / 2009

If you've felt left out of traditional German imbiss style food, this place is the cure. I had currywurst and pommes. They weren't amazing, but I think it was a pretty good reflection of the original. The vegan mango lassi, however, was amazing. I'll go back to try the vegan donner!

Pros: cheap, tasty, fast
Cons: unhealthy, uneven
clodaghspud
clodaghspud

cheap and cheerful

Posted on 02 / 01 / 2009

I wasn't overly impressed by this cafe, I ate a cheeseburger and fries, neither were "worth writing home about". You can get nicer veggie food in nearby restaurants that serve meat. If you are vegan however, this is the place for you!

Pros: helpful staff, good value, clean
Merciless666
Merciless666

Nice little place!

Posted on 06 / 05 / 2008

i happen to be very often in Hamburg and it's actually my second favorite city in Germony. this fast food place is one of many reasons why. it's situated in one of my favorite quarter at hamburgs "schanze" and just a good dropby if you're going to spend some time parting or whatsoever arround there.
If you're sick of veggie burger, as i'm, try their gyros or the tofu pizza. they also sell veggie cheese and so. don't be rash blaming the staff for not beeing friendly. if you know them some time they are very kind indeed!

Pros: cheap, fast , friendly
Petesternz
Petesternz

Good Fast Food

Posted on 01 / 02 / 2007

Just visited this weekend. This place is what it is. Solid vegan fast food, which means good tasting, and heavy on the stomach. Most things are deepfried, or heavily pan fried in oil. That said, they taste good! What takes it a cut above are the array of sauces (all vegan) that are available to give the burgers and fries a little extra zing. Solid burgers, dogs and a nice curry wurst (no bun, but great sauce).

Dear Owner and Manager of Hin and Veg: