Himalaya Vegetarian Cafe

Vegetarian cafe and tea shop established since 2007. Menu includes cereals, toasties, bagels, soup, momos, wraps, pancakes, salads, curries, chai and teas as well as coffee and other drinks. It's also a Himalayan crafts shop, yoga and therapy centre, and Green Tara Scotland charity shop. Cozy and colorful interior. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Tibetan, Indian, Western, International, Take-out

First Review by imogenmichel

spicy thali

4 Posted on 02 / 27 / 2014

A great value option for lunch. A Buddhist shop with plenty of reading on the dali lamla and the chance to buy a free Tibet t shirt.

There are plenty of options for everyone here, with a vegan specials board as well. I had a three curry thali with rice, bread and salad whis was really filling and a bargain at £6.50. Twp of the three curries had a real kick and mixed with a coconut curry had a real ying and yang taste.

Lots of chain options and deserts if you need. Staff were really nice and seemed to value your thoughts regarding the food. Really enjoyed my meal and the atmosphere was great.

Pros: good value, lots of choice and tasty., nice staff

Nice staff, decent food

3 Posted on 09 / 30 / 2013

I only encountered one employee while here, and she was very nice. The food was decent, but not spectacular. The prices are good, and the location is convenient.

If I was in Edinburgh again, I wouldn't make an effort to eat here, but I wouldn't avoid it. It's more of a "if you happen to be nearby and hungry" place for me.

Pros: All-veg, Friendly
Cons: Not too impressive

Himalaya, Edinburgh

5 Posted on 08 / 08 / 2013

A big thumbs up from me (I am typing this from inside the cafe just now). Brightly colourful cafe on Edinburgh's South side run by Tibetan Buddhists. All vego with much vegan friendly. I asked what was vegan friendly and ended up having the Thali (£6.50). There's a thali and drink deal which meant I had a soya latte for a quid on top of that.

I like the atmo in here as well as the food, staff are pleasant and the prices are attractive also.

There's much more happens here than just the cafe, see website.

Pros: Vegan friendly, Nice atmo & staff, Inexpensive

Wonderful

5 Posted on 05 / 19 / 2013

This is a wonderful place. It's very cheap, cheerful and tasty. The owners are really nice too and the atmosphere is nice and relaxed.

Pros: Food, staff, prices
Cons: wi-fi service often not working

Delicious wraps!

5 Posted on 09 / 25 / 2012

Went to Himalaya today with a friend for lunch and had an amazing vegan wrap! The staff couldn't have been more helpful with explaining the vegan options on the menu and it was great quality food for a very reasonable price.

Pros: Good food, Good value, Friendly staff

Dear Owner and Manager of Himalaya Vegetarian Cafe: