Long-time established vegetarian restaurant and bar, switched to vegan in 2013. Added a shop in 2014. Offers a variety natural juices and smoothies, roasted veggies, and house specialty is the lasagna. Options without gluten, sugar, soy. Artistic space. Closes last Sunday of the month. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Spanish, Italian, Juice bar, Beer/Wine

adaysc
adaysc

Excelent! Highly recommended!

5 Posted on 10 / 25 / 2014

One of the best vegan restaurants I had ever been. They have a very varied menu, with a delicious menu of the day. Hicuri offers many options not just for lunch, but breakfast or even if you want some snack.

Don't forget to see the products in the store.

Pros: Excelent food, Good price, Service
emmalm91
emmalm91

Yummy!

5 Posted on 10 / 10 / 2014

This was my first taste of what vegan food is like in Granada. The place was quite busy for a Monday morning, and the staff was polite. But the food was nothing extraordinary, especially in comparison to what vegan restaurants in Sevilla have to offer. I had sopa de garbanzos, lasaña vegana, and la tarta de chocolate as the plato del día. The soup was quite good, really. The lasaña was mediocre, but not bad. Perhaps I had high expectations because a previous HappyCow user had been raving about it! The tarta was alright, but a little on the dry side. The house white wine was very refreshing and the dipping sauce they provided with my tapa of carrots and crackers included the perfect combination of spices. I'm really looking forward to returning, and being able to try some more of Hicuri's dishes!

**I must have just selected the wrong dishes when I first went, because I've since returned and everything I've ordered has been extraordinary! The juices are delicious, the gazpacho is everything gazpacho should be, and the seitan and veggie dish was super tasty! Also, try the Tiramisu, it's the best I've had!

Updated from previous review on Thursday October 02, 2014

Pros: Inexpensive, refreshing house white wine, tasty soup
Cons: Tarta de chocolate was a little dry, lasaña vegana was mediocre, portions could be slightly larger
SoaringKites
SoaringKites

Outstanding Gourmet Vegan Food!

5 Posted on 09 / 16 / 2014

I have eaten there 3 times and I found the food to be amazing. The entree, the 2 types of soup I've had, the green detox smoothie, and desert all taste very gourmet - such wonderful flavors. On the menu, there is a reduced price for ordering an entree and 2 other items from a special section. The restaurant is very charming in decor - the photos do not do it justice. The staff is very helpful, friendly and attentive. The only thing is that sometimes the service is slow - not because the waitress is inefficient - she is in constant motion and seems to be well attuned to everyone. It could be because I went during the busiest time or maybe they are short staffed. Their hours are longer than other restaurants in Granada. Most close about 2 hours earlier for siesta during the day.
Updated from previous review on Tuesday September 16, 2014

asham
asham

Good value for money

4 Posted on 05 / 21 / 2014

The food was not special and actually it wasn't even hot when served but I still think this place is a nice option for vegan food in Granada as the value for money is good.
The staff is also really friendly.

Pros: good price, friendly staff
languageguru
languageguru

Great choice!

5 Posted on 12 / 01 / 2013

Staff are really friendly and attentive to what you do/don't eat and made me a dish especially to my needs (vegan/dairy & gluten free). Great smoothies too, including fruit, green and milk (soy available). Wide range of veg/vegan dishes off the menu and the daily menu also have choice. Nice chilled vibe.

Pros: Inexpensive, good quality food, attentive and friendly staff
Cons: no outdoor seating
AgaTrzak
AgaTrzak

Amazing!

5 Posted on 09 / 18 / 2013

We went to three vegan places in Granada and this one was our favourite by far. The atmosphere is great. The waitress is super nice and the food is the best. It was so good that we had to go back a second time. I had the oriental seitan and a crepe with banana ice cream and chocolate sauce for desert. The second time I had the burger which was the best veggie burger ever (because of its delicious salad creme). I can only recommend this place! Prices are good. Mains, deserts and drinks for 2 people around 25 Euros.

Pros: Freshly prepared Food, Lovely service, Great selection
  • HicuriArtRestaurante HicuriArtRestaurante

Thanks for visit us and for your nice words! We are glad you enjoyed the place and food, always made with love and care (and respect to animals, of course ;)

We hope see you soon!

kylavegan
kylavegan

Lots of vegan options, okay dinner

4 Posted on 05 / 18 / 2013

We visited Hicuri in May 2013 while in Granada. The menu seemed entirely vegan, which I loved. So lots of options. We ate inside and we were the only ones there, though it was early for Spain (7pm). The inside wasn't great - we definitely would have preferred outside seating. We ordered several dishes - falafel, curried seitan, cous cous, with the chocolate crepe for dessert. Everything was pretty good...though not the most flavorful or seemingly fresh. The staff was nice and helpful.

Pros: Wide vegan variety, Really tasty dessert, Large portions
Cons: No outside seating, Not the most flavorful or fresh
goamiez
goamiez

really good food

5 Posted on 01 / 25 / 2013

we have been there in summer 2012. the food was the best food during our spain trip (some cities). really nice choise and it was very delicious and the price was ok.

atmosphere was nice, not too many people and the waitress was very kind.

alexb
alexb

Great place

5 Posted on 12 / 08 / 2012

We had a pleasant lunch here and returned for dinner the next day. The waiter was careful to ask what kind of vegetarians we were and what we could eat and not eat. There were lots of choices on the menu. A number of items were marked as gluten free. Friendly staff, pleasant decor and warm room for December.

aps101
aps101

Great Local Lunch Spot

4 Posted on 08 / 18 / 2012

Not sure why this is listed as having meat dishes. It was all vegetarian with a good amount of vegan options when I was there earlier this month. I had a wonderful Asian noodle dish with seitan. Freshly prepared I was happily surprised to find it tastier with delicate flavors that I was not expecting. I was in a rush to make it to my appointment at the Hammam and they were able to take care of me. A great local spot. Hours have changed recently so be sure to double check.

Pros: Food, Value
David Veganojosa
David Veganojosa

Nice Food

4 Posted on 03 / 06 / 2012

There are not many vegan options in Granada, and that is the best I have tried so far. The waitress asked several times the cook about the ingredients so that we could eat, and offered some solutions whenever the dish had something that was not vegan. Prices are OK.

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, cosy place
Cons: serves meat
hitesh
hitesh

Delicious food

4 Posted on 05 / 05 / 2010

This is mainly vegetarian restaurant that has some meat dishes. Delicious starters and mains. Deserts are a bit bland... and I'm not sure about the hippie decor.
Good food and cheap.

atandt
atandt

curious place - more for locals

3 Posted on 12 / 05 / 2008

i had the feeling that this resto was better for those in the know... some of the "rules" regarding the prix fixe menu, opening times, and what could be served at certain times (even where we were allowed to sit) were under some sort of established formula an outsider could not fathom. however, the food was decent for the 12.50 euro price (3 courses), and the waiter was patient and spoke english. smoking indoors (perhaps even 420 friendly?) but the ventilation was so good it didn't bother us.
smoothies & driinks only until dinnertime, about 8 or 9pm. small menu, which indicated a breakfast. seasonal gazpacho only (apr-oct). Tried the soup, salmon on rice, coucous with avocado, and a mystery wine.

Pros: good value, english, informal
Cons: esoteric, odd hours, smoking
Mitch Cohen
Mitch Cohen

Good Food, Great Vibe, Friendly Staff

4 Posted on 11 / 10 / 2008

My wife & I arrived hungry, a short while before they were changing from Breakfast to Lunch. We had a fine tea & toast as we briefly waited for mixed vegetables over rice. The staff was singing & dancing to the radio as they changed meals & menus. Great decor & ambiance. It wasn't elegant or gourmet, but it was very satisfying.

Pros: good vegan food, super friendly, good vibe/ambiance
Zach S
Zach S

Comida Excelente!

5 Posted on 12 / 16 / 2006

This wonderful cafe advertises on their card that they specialize in vegetarian cuisine and teas. Their tofu with spinach and whole rice is absolutely delicious and only 5.50 eur. Their couscous with vegetables is also quite good and is available for the same price. Although not 100% vegetarian, it's some of the best food a veggie will have in Granada. Unfortunately, like nearly every restaurant in the city, they allow smoking which can occasionally ruin an otherwise great experience.

Pros: Delicious Food, Reasonable Prices, Pleasant Staff
Cons: Smoking, Limited Dinner Hours

Dear Owner and Manager of Hicuri: