A breakfast cafe that's part of a guesthouse. Serves muffins, fresh fruit salad, pancake, quiche, frittata, smoothies, organic and fair trade coffee. Courtyard and garden setting. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, American
85 Defuniak St (Hwy 283 & 30A)
Grayton Beach, Florida 32459

JNGilbreath
JNGilbreath

Beautiful Place for Breakfast

Posted on 09 / 29 / 2013

My wife and I eat a Sunday breakfast here each time we visit Destin. There aren't many vegan options, but what they do have is great. The biscuits and gravy are wonderful, though as a big guy I find the portions a bit small. My wife says the portion is fine, so your mileage may vary.

Since last year the cafe has separated from the Inn and is now under a new owner. We were concerned about this, but the new owner seems like a really nice guy. The cafe is no longer completely vegetarian, though there are still vegan and vegetarian options. The staff went out of their way to veganize a pumpkin spice latte for my wife this morning and were very happy to do so. Both almond and soy milk are available.

The outdoor seating is moderately comfortable, and the place is very pet friendly. It's always packed with locals on Sunday morning for brunch, and the live music is not bad. Though the menu options are somewhat limited, I really love the place, and we will definitely continue to eat here every time we go to the beach.

Pros: Excellent food, Helpful and friendly staff, Pet-friendly
Cons: Limited vegan options, Small portions (debatable)
epiFURIOUS
epiFURIOUS

Easter delite

Posted on 04 / 17 / 2010

I went to Hibiscus Cafe for the first time this past easter sunday and it was such a great experience. There was live music and many locals. Seems like this is a great spot to enjoy the "real" florida. The only thing that I was able to eat was some oatmeal and fruit (I'm vegan) but there were many vegetarian options. The chai was good- they have soymilk. I'll certainly go back.

Pros: nice atmosphere, nice staff, beautiful area
Cons: not enough vegan options

Dear Owner and Manager of Hibiscus Cafe: