Health food shop 5-minute walk east of Trg Republike. Staff speak English. Decent choice on offer. more-less
Hilandarska 24

MagicBeansResort
MagicBeansResort

One of the best!

Posted on 06 / 12 / 2013

Hema-Kheye-Neye is one of our favorite healthy food stores in Belgrade. Not only for your body but for your soul, also.

Keep up the good work, dear friends!

xkillerx
xkillerx

Yes another health food shop

Posted on 04 / 29 / 2012

The google map readout is wrong. It is not located on Slavija. It is somewhere between Svetogorska and 29th november street.

They make a bunch of their own sandwiches and stuff. Is very well stocked. The prices are outrageous.

Pros: well stocked, home made food
Cons: price, price, price
lindamink
lindamink

Best supply in Belgrade

Posted on 12 / 03 / 2010

Staying in Serbia for a month required me to make my own meals. Finding a protein source that was non meat was a challenge. Some stores offer tofu products in the supermarket, but the choices are weak. Hema-Kheye-Neye has a larger variety as well as dried legumes to choose from. I was also happy to find cumin seeds that I can roast and make into cumin powder. They have couscous, and quinoa grains, and some produce. The store is large for a health food store in Serbia, but it's not exactly "Large" by Western standards. I am happy to have found a place that has options that suit my dietary needs. They have plenty of gluten free products and soy products including soy yogurts. The staff is very friendly, speaks some english, and they are very helpful when you're looking for a specific ingredient (most things in the store are labeled in Serbian so you probably will have to ask for what you need). I saw that they have miso and tamari sauce, which is fantastic, but expensive. Overall It's an excellent place to find non-meat items.

Unfortunately I couldn't find nutritional yeast or coriander powder. There are definitely some spices that I wish I could find in Serbia, but I make due with what I can find :)

The store is located on the ground floor entrance, with steps down under a pink building. The store is clean and well arranged inside!

Pros: variety, location

ampallang
ampallang

choice and understanding

Posted on 05 / 09 / 2010

the staff are friendly and understand what vegan is. They have a range of organic vegetales and fruits, also refridgerated soya products, many vegan options including pates, burgers and freshly made wraps and sandwiches. They have all the regualr stuff as well, soya milk, sweets, drinks and snacks. Reasonalbe prices and open late.

Pros: mostly vegan, english speaking staff, choices
Stevie
Stevie

Hema-Kheye-Neye

Posted on 07 / 29 / 2007

For Hema Kheye Neye was a winner. Hilandarska is centrally located at the end of Makedonska. For me as a tourist with only a complete beginner's understanding of Serbian the fact the staff in this place speak not bad English make it a good choice. The choice is vegan veggie friendly and decent enough without being out of this world and certainly no worse than the choice in any of the other Belgrade health food shops that I've visited.

It's a shame it's closed on Sundays but of course people need a day off.

Pros: Central, English spoken, Decent choice
Cons: Closed Sundays

Dear Owner and Manager of Hema-Kheye-Neye: