Help Yourself

Serves meat, veg options available. Veggie friendly cafe, juice bar, and market. Offers veg choices in breakfast, wraps, bowls, salads, beverages, grab-n-go. Beverages include fresh juices, smoothies, wheat grass shots, and herbal teas. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Organic, American, International, Juice bar, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Lisa
Cheryl runner
Cheryl runner

fantastic place

4 Posted on 01 / 27 / 2014

My husband and I are both vegan and recently traveled to Key West to run the Half Marathon that was just held in January. So we were looking for a good food place to eat that was healthy. This cafe was excellent place to eat for lunch. I had a great smoothie with a wrap loaded with very flavorful veggies and pesto. There were quite a bit of options for us. The store was very quaint and had everything that one would need. The service was excellent and everyone was very friendly. Very unique place where seating is only outside. I would recommend this to anyone who visits there.

Pros: great menu, excellent smoothies and juices, friendly staff
Cons: no seating inside
VidaValentine
VidaValentine

5 stars!!!!

4 Posted on 09 / 17 / 2013

I was lucky enough to stay right next door this spring when visiting! So amazing I will be back. I ate so many amazing things there.

Pros: good asmosphere, great vegan food, nice little grocery
alogue
alogue

yogurt parfait and PB and J bagel

4 Posted on 09 / 07 / 2013

Coconut yogurt parfait was great! Lots of fresh fruit and home-made granola. PB was really great on the warm bagel. Runny and delicious! We have been twice and will def go back!

Pros: organic, nondairy choices
kmilitello
kmilitello

Favorite place in Key West

4 Posted on 06 / 09 / 2013

I loved this place so much that I went there twice in one day! I had the vegan French toast for breakfast and it was probably the best French toast of my life. The bagel with cashew cheese and tomato and avocado was also very good. We returned later for a frozen coffee smoothie and fruit smoothie (both made with organic ingredients). This place is just superb. Everything is environmentally friendly and recyclable. They even make their own coconut milk. We are outside around their plant gardens- beautiful and cozy! This place is casual, quaint, and the real deal. Will be back!

Sonja and Dirk
Sonja and Dirk

fresh and delicious

4 Posted on 03 / 16 / 2013

We stopped in for lunch while visiting the island and were quite pleased. The food is organic, fresh and delicious. We got the purple jungle smoothie, TLT wrap and coconut curry with tempeh. Yum! We were told the menu is vegan by default unless there is chicken or fish specifically mentioned in the description. The seating is outside around produce planters. Nice green atmosphere that extends to their eco disposable utensils and recycling containers. There's a little store attached as well with produce, pantry and refrigerated items. Unfortunately, there is meat, dairy and eggs next to the vegan items. Overall, a good place to stop, but it would be nice if the green theme extended to being all vegan.

Pros: lots of vegan options, green and organic, nice staff
Cons: not all vegan

Richard Myers
Richard Myers

Felt full and healthy

4 Posted on 02 / 09 / 2013

We found this place for lunch and enjoyed the food. We both had the Super Spinach ( I also had the soup of the day - very filling) and it tasted very, very good. The staff is friendly and the seating was a bit awkward as we kind of sat around planters but nevertheless interesting for lunch. A good spot, try it out.

Pros: Great tasting food, Healthy food, Not too expensive
jpohn
jpohn

Excellent!! All around top notch place

4 Posted on 10 / 11 / 2011

The owner Charley is so kind and generous, the food is delish! It just smells healthy. Awesome tasting too! Highly recommend this place. I would give it 5 stars, but the system won't let me!

Pros: taste, generous, preparation
Cons: none
Veronica01
Veronica01

Tasty Healthy Food

4 Posted on 10 / 29 / 2010

My husband and I were here earlier this year when visiting Florida and lucky for us Help Yourself was there to save the day when we were hungry.

We both ordered the Coconut Curry and it was SO delicious. Their brown rice and quinoa are very good too. I liked how fresh everything was and it was not greasy.

We're into raw and weren't really thrilled by the raw menu since it's essentially the same dishes every restaurant offers and it's all nut based. So we always opt for fruits or vegetable based dishes instead of nut dishes.

If we every come back to Key West we'll be back.

Their strawberry lemonade was also very good.

I wish I could give 5 cows, but happy cow refuses to let you if a place is not all Vegetarian...

Why? All the food is vegetarian to start with!

Pros: healthy food, tasty and fresh
Cons: small, sit outside
bill
bill

Enjoyed breakfasts

3 Posted on 08 / 02 / 2010

Small, environmentally-responsible restaurant. We enjoyed eating vegan breakfasts here while on vacation. Not a large selection of vegan options.

knowlesnotbeyonce
knowlesnotbeyonce

Delicious

4 Posted on 05 / 16 / 2010

I live in Key West and I am consistently pleased when I visit Help Yourself. The thai noodles made of jicama instead of noodles are great as is the veg taco salad with almond cream instead of sour cream. Their ice cream is good too!

Ethan
Ethan

This is THE Go-To Place in Key West

4 Posted on 01 / 09 / 2010

So I was skeptical when I saw that they served chicken, eggs and such other items that were not vegetarian, let alone vegan. That said, I've been here every single day since coming to Key West.

They use fresh, organic ingredients, delicious healthy flavor combinations, and nearly every item on the menu can be made-to-order for vegetarians and vegan.

Their Key West Coconut Curry Nourishing Bowl was lightly flavored and has a delicious, savory combination of coconut with curry and lime. I came back for the "Korean BBQ Chicken" but had them substitute Tempeh for the Chicken (all meat items can be substituted or left out). YUMMMM!!! So filling and well spiced but not too spicy. Delicious!

Their Chocolate Buzz Smoothie was really rich in cacao and not too heavy.

I have been here every day of my vacation so far and plan to hit it a few more times before going home. I wish we had one just like this back east.

Pros: Vegan/Vegetarian Options, Organic/Healthy foods, quick, friendly service
Cons: No indoor eating area
ryanstachurski
ryanstachurski

Hip Vibe

4 Posted on 11 / 16 / 2009

This place definitely had more going on than any of the shops off of Duval Street. The menu was exciting and it seems like the people who own it care to make a difference in food service - more of the outdoor linear space seemed dedicated to composting than consuming. The wrap I tried was alright, though the price seemed high. Everything does cost a little bit more in the Keys due to land values & transportation costs. I will definitely be back.

Pros: Fresh, Mission
Cons: Price?
NeiltheK
NeiltheK

Great food

4 Posted on 10 / 04 / 2009

I visited once for dinner during my Key West visit. vegan friendly, although NOT STRICTLY VEGETARIAN. Outdoor picnic table seating. I had a veg wrap that with some unusual veggies that was delicious.

Pros: Good food, Friendly, varied menu
Cons: Serves meat and fish
piffelina
piffelina

great for breakfast!

4 Posted on 07 / 21 / 2009

we were very pleased to have breakfast here - a vegan cremecheese bagel and something i seem to remember as vegan pancakes with butter and bananas.

Lisa
Lisa

Just lovely!

4 Posted on 12 / 07 / 2008

Absolutely wonderful little place! There are a few tables outside to sit at, but I think it's mostly a take-out/delivery place. The staff is really friendly and helpful, especially if you're vegan. All the sauces are vegan and just about everything on the menu is vegan, except a few meat dishes. They have a farmer's market on Sundays too!

Breakfast, lunch, AND dinner!

Pros: Breakfast, lunch, dinner, Friendly staff, Organic food
Cons: Not much seating

Dear Owner and Manager of Help Yourself: