Heavenly Sandwich and...

Serves meat, veg options available. Has vegan options for lunch. Note most smoothies contain yoghurt or ice cream. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Juice bar, Fast food, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Ang
mrderrickrice
mrderrickrice

NOT VEGAN FRIENDLY

1 Posted on 02 / 14 / 2014

I had the unfortunate experience of dining at Cafe "Heavenly". It was quite possibly the worst experience I have ever had a a restaurant. I visited their establishment on February 13, 2014 around 3:00 pm. While looking over their menu, I saw that they offered wraps. Being a vegetarian, I asked for a Veggie Wrap. That was a huge mistake. After waiting well over 20 minutes for my wrap, the lady called my name and when I went to get my sandwich. As I went to reach for my wrap, she pulled it back and commenced to ridicule me saying "veggie wraps aren't on the menu" (the man taking my order did not advise me of such). When I said my order taker did not mention that, she said "They didn't know". She continued lecturing me as to why I shouldn't have ordered it and "she had to go all the way to the back to get the ingredients". This went on for well over 45 seconds, all the while withholding my wrap. Now, let me address the wrap. It was hot, greasy, 90% rice with a couple of random pieces of broccoli and a couple of other veggies. It was terrible and I will be sure to share with everyone I know as to how bad the food and service was. DO NOT EVER EAT HERE!! THE FOOD IS BAD TASTING, OVERPRICED AND THE SERVICE IS HORRENDOUS!!

Pros: GREAT LOCATION
Cons: TERRIBLE SERVICE, TERRIBLE FOOD
reneeindallas
reneeindallas

Not worth the price

2 Posted on 11 / 29 / 2013

In my opinion. They charge WAY too much for their wraps, they also made their portion sizes on the ice cream MUCH smaller but left the price the same....which was not cheap to begin with. The owner recently sent an email out saying the place is for sale. Maybe if they get a new owner it will help save them.

Pros: Handmade Sorbets/Ice Creams
Cons: Price
DanetteandRyan
DanetteandRyan

Our Favorite Place in New Smyrna

4 Posted on 03 / 26 / 2011

We visit New Smyrna at least once a year to visit grandparents and this is always our first stop. We LOVE their wraps, salads and smoothies. They have a good selection of wraps for vegetarians. The veggie pesto wrap & portabella wrap are fantastic. We have loved every meal there. The smoothies are amazing. We've tried to recreate a few but they don't compare. The Peanut Butter is yummy and enough to be a meal on it's own. One of our favorite things to do is take a walk on the beach in afternoon when the beach is clearing out and then walk up Flagler Street to Heavenly for a smoothie before heading back to. The smoothies are also great from breakfast or after a morning run.

Pros: Excellent food, very friendly staff
Cons: too small to eat in during peak times
Kelly123
Kelly123

Pleasantly Surprised.

4 Posted on 06 / 08 / 2009

Well, after reading a few of the postings, I was a little apprehensive about giving "Heavenly" a try, but I am sure glad I did. The owners must have read those reviews of two years ago because things are different now (or maybe they just had a few bad days). I found the restaurant exceedingly clean, if not sparkling, and the restroom clean. Yes, I was directed to the rear of the building to access the bathroom. I asked why I had to go outside to the restroom and was told the Health Department will not allow customers to walk through a kitchen to the restrooms in the rear. That seems reasonable to me, although in a rainstorm it could be a problem.
The food was incredible. I had a veggie pesto wrap. They make their own pesto sauce and offered an Ezekiel sprouted grain tortilla instead of the standard white flour tortilla. It was delicious. I also had organic wheat grass juice which they squeeze only after it's ordered. Same for the carrot juice. It's also organic. Their vegetarian menu is extensive, and as I said, I appreciate a restaurant in a fairly small town that offers so many vegetarian options. So many times I am in a restaurant and it is so hard to even find one item. It's obvious that this place does consider others and not just meat eaters. They offer 50 smoothies, but they custom made what my friend wanted; she appreciated that. The menu is a bit pricey, but if I can get vegetarian items, it is well worth it.

Pros: healthy food, clean facility, extensive veggie menu
Cons: none, except for restrooms in the rear.
Daytonaveg
Daytonaveg

Yuck, yuck and more yuck

1 Posted on 08 / 20 / 2008

This place was recommended to me by another vegetarian who apparently likes it in a pinch. The menu looked great, they offered like 11 vegetarian sandwiches. We ordered three different ones for our party. They were so awful, all three, we couldn't finish them. Bland and tasted like cardboard. Yuck. They touted that they offered vegan mayo on request. When I requested it she looked at me like a I had a third eye and said they don't have any. Beyond the horrible food the facility was filthy. I mean filthy. I asked where the restroom was to wash my hands and I was directed OUTSIDE to the back of the building (like at a gas station). And the restroom was reminiscent of a gas station in the way it looked and smell. Filthy. I will not go back to this place. Awful food, dirty atmosphere... the only thing they have going for it is a menu that looks good, but doesn't hold up upon ordering and tasting. I would give it zero cows, but that's not allowed, so I have to give it at least one. But really it's none in my book!

Pros: none
Cons: bad food, dirty restaurant, gas station-style restroom

vegan sunshine
vegan sunshine

drive the extra minute (literally) to Heath's

1 Posted on 07 / 12 / 2008

I came in one night to get fresh juice and the guy behind the counter said he couldn't make any fresh juice, but he had "some orange juice in the back" that was "probably squeezed fresh somewhere in Florida at some point." I think the food is disguised as "healthy" food. I wouldn't go back.

Pros: nice lady behind the counter
Cons: no fresh juice at night, careless guy behind the counter, not many vegan options
Ang
Ang

Not so sure...

2 Posted on 06 / 08 / 2007

This place has Great food but very pricey. One day I called in an order for pickup. As I drove past the restraunt to find parking there was a gal outside sitting on the ground playing in the dirt with her apron on. She watched me walk in and followed me in. She wiped her hands on her already dirty apron the proceeded to wrap my food up without gloves. I couldn't eat.

Pros: Great food, Lots of Options
Cons: Expensive, Could be cleaner

Dear Owner and Manager of Heavenly Sandwich and Smoothies: