Heavenly Plate Cafe

Vegetarian restaurant offering mainly Asian vegetarian nouvelle cuisine with starter entrees and mains, dessert, fresh juices, assorted teas. Cozy modern interior design. Try the spaghetti with green curry gravy. Has Wi-fi. Book ahead if going on the weekend. Breakfast available from Fri-Sun only. Has a little gift shop Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Western, Chinese, Asian Fusion, Take-out

First Review by Junivera
sababajc
sababajc

Very Vegan Friendly

5 Posted on 11 / 12 / 2012

Heavenly Plate always impresses. The interior is well decorated making it a nice place to go for a special occasiondate etc. Most (around 90%) of the food and drinks on the menu can be made vegan. The oreo frappe was delicious as well as there wide variety of teas. If your wanting to try something new give the Japanese burger a go.

Pros: Nice interior, Friendly Staff, Great selection of drinks

Heavenly Dessert

5 Posted on 07 / 22 / 2012

My partner and I went to Heavenly Plate Cafe for dinner to celebrate our 12th anniversary. Im vegan so we opted for the vegan option for everything so that we could share. The service was prompt and friendly, the tea was excellent, the main meals and salad were very tasty but the real stand out was dessert. Black forest vegan cheesecake, anyone? My god, I could have eaten the whole cake, it was just that good. The old school style icecream sundae, complete with sprinkles, was just perfect too. It's really comforting to know that there is a cafe/restaurant that I can go to where I can specify vegan without getting blank looks from the waiters before being offered a garden salad. (Although I can highly recommend the orange sald at Heavenly Plate). If you're a vegan in Perth and you haven't tried this place yet, go now.

Pros: Dessert, Tea, Friendly staff
Cons: Parking, Finding the place
amberfishy
amberfishy

Can't Be Beaten for Veg Cuisine in Perth

5 Posted on 10 / 04 / 2011

Heavenly Plate is a fantastic little restaurant with a great menu. It's decorated very nicely, with very helpful and attentive staff. My partner and I couldn't fault our meals, and though it is a bit 'out of the way' from our usual trips to Perth it is certainly worth the effort if you are looking for something special. And, um, you can get a VEGAN ICECREAM SUNDAE here, how awesome is that?

Chriss2011
Chriss2011

Heavenly Hoorah

5 Posted on 09 / 30 / 2011

A big hooray for heavenly plate for providing yummy affordable quality well presented vegetarian food with a touch of creative flair. My friend (non veg)) and myself (vegetarian) went with an open mind, not sure what to expect. We were pleasantly surprised. We shared two entrees, avocado spring rolls, and mock chicken basil parcels. Mains were green chicken curry spaghetti, chilli jam/cashew chicken and vegetables with japanese rice on the side. We tasted a lil of each. We both loved the main meals and left feeling rather full after finishing off our meal with a chai latte and milkshake lol no room for dessert. A selection of desserts - cakes and slices were on display in the cake cabinet.
I would most definitely visit again. The ambience was peaceful and the decor is very pleasant, pale blue and white with a french twist with two large chandeliers hanging off the ceiling adding a bit of bling to the dining experience. Parking is available behind the Thai Corner restaurant and other shops. Entrance is on the corner of Sleat Road and Canning Highway. If on Canning Highway turn right into Sleat Road and then turn left immediately when you see the restaurant. Park and walk to the front of the group of shops. Walk down a little way and Heavens table is on the right hand side.....you will see a window filled with flowers and giftware first, then the door entrance to the restaurant. ENJOY! ;-)

Pros: Delicious tasty dishes, Food presentation very artistic, Freshly made juices available
Cons: Small restaurant best to book in advance, More filling in entree chicken parcels
lovekat
lovekat

Couldn't fault

5 Posted on 04 / 13 / 2011

What a joy to find a restaurant in Perth where you know you can safely eat anything on the menu without contributing to the death or suffering of any other animal.

I went with two friends, we all had different dishes and they were all absolutely fantastic. Service was faultless and friendly, price was very reasonable. Highly recommended for vegans, vegetarians and omnivores alike.

Pros: Great choices, Vegan, Friendly service
nichola
nichola

YUM YUM YUMMO

5 Posted on 02 / 21 / 2011

Just heard about this place two days ago and I was very excited especially because it was south of the river. My hubby, my son (15months) and I went down for a late lunch today (Monday) around 2pm. I was happy to see we didn't have to fight any crowds at this time and had the place to ourselves. We ordered the Spring Rolls and Rice Wraps for appetizer. Green curry spaghetti and Chicken Satay sticks with Rice cubes. Food was really tasty and good size portions. The prices were very reasonable at $5.90 for apps and $15.90 for mains. Plenty of salads that looked good. I wanted to try everthing. So nice to go into a cafe and have a choice. My hubby who is not vegetarian loved it also and is looking forward to going back. My son loved the rice wraps. There is a small kids menu too. The owner is really lovely and came out and checked on us and we had a good chat with her. Place is decorated really nicely. Definitely recommend to everyone even non-vegetarians. hope you enjoy as much as we did.

Pros: Good tasty Food, Good Size Portions, good value
Cons: more napkins :)
BuddhaIPR
BuddhaIPR

Delicious Veg food, beautiful atmosphere, Try it!

5 Posted on 02 / 19 / 2011

My partner and I have been vegetarian for about 3 years. We haven't known many good vegetarian restaurants in Perth, basically none actually. Also up until recently we had always viewed being vegetarian as a compassionate and healthy choice, but definitely a limiting compromise in terms of mouth water cuisine! Visiting Heavenly Plate Cafe completely changed this for us.

This restaurant was recently opened by a husband and wife (and I think some family members) whose complete idea was to introduce more people to the possibilities of vegetarian and vegan cooking. They completely embrace the idea of warmth and compassion and the entire restaurant experience matches this. The staff were friendly and seem genuinly happy, the restaurant's design is white and light blue, with candles and real flowers on the tables.

Heavenly Plate's food is made from vegetable ingredients and fake "meat" made out of plant sources such as tofu and mushroom, and these give a lot of bite and texture that was often missing from the vegetarian foods we'd tried previously. The food is fantastic, I can't emphasise this enough. It's a far cry from a simple salad or flavourless steamed vegies that most people associate with vegetarian food. I have to mention the spring rolls, my god they are amazing. Home made avocado and "ham" filling, with a "mayonnaise" sauce and finely diced sweet strawberries on top. Vegetarian and just mouth watering.

The downsides are that the parking is a little way away, perhaps 30m with access from a side street (Sleat Road), plus it opened not too long ago and hasn't been well promoted, so amazingly this gem of an authentic vegetarian dining experience hasn't been widely discovered yet. I think they rely a lot on word of mouth. They have a bunch of positive reviews over on the Urban Spoon website too.

Location is on Canning Hwy in Applecross, perhaps 1 minute from the Freeway.

I can't recommend this restaurant highly enough, definitely check try it out.

Pros: Truly Amazing Vegetarian Food, Staff are warm and friendly, Great atmosphere with comfy wall seats
Cons: Parking around side of building, Recently opened and not well promoted

heavenly place

4 Posted on 12 / 01 / 2010

A very cool place to meet with friends as this place opens 7 days for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Unique menu and carries south east asian favourites with cafe style western favourite too. Plenty of vegan choices.

Pros: Friendly Staff and owner

Dear Owner and Manager of Heavenly Plate Cafe: