Heaven Artisan GF Cuisine

Serves meat, veg options available. All food is gluten free. Vegan items are marked on menu and include such as mac and cheese, lasagna, arepas (a specialty), salads, and soups. Wi-fi. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Organic, Western, Latin American, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg
1013 17th Ave SW Unit 119

junipearl
junipearl

Overall positive experience

Posted on 02 / 21 / 2014

Amazingly we had not yet tried this gem yet until last night, although my love has been celiac far longer than we've been vegan!

We both had the butternut squash soup which was divine! Thick and creamy and tasted like thanksgiving. =)
I had the vegan tostada which was pretty basic but flavorful and satisfying nonetheless. My love had the vegan lasagna which was so cheesy we had to double-check with her that it was indeed vegan! The noodles were a little mushy but it had tons of veggies and flavor and I think he would definitely order it again.

For dessert we had the vegan plantain dessert which was not very big but was DEFINITELY best shared between two people. It is very very sweet (and delicious!).

The service was a little slow and forgetful but not without good intentions. We felt like we were at a friend's house whose mom was trying to feed everyone but couldn't quite handle the capacity lol. I wouldn't go here if I was in a hurry, but you definitely do get treated nicely!

I will have to update this review when we've gone a second time.
Updated from previous review on Friday February 21, 2014

kimward8
kimward8

Excellent Vegan Lasagne

Posted on 09 / 21 / 2013

The vegan lasagna was really good. It used daiya cheese and brown rice noodles and had vegetables and hemp bechamel sauce. I am not usually a fan of gluten-free food, so I was surprised by how good it was.

I wish they had more vegan desserts.

Dear Owner and Manager of Heaven Artisan GF Cuisine: