Serves meat, veg options available. Cafe and restaurant with an attached market. As of Oct 2014, vegan suitable food have lessened - on the dinner menu includes one appetizer, one main entree, and one salad dressing. Romantic patio setting. Price: Expensive more-less
Lacto, Ovo, American, Western, Beer/Wine, Non-veg
1610 W State Route 89A
Sedona, Arizona 86336
Now Open

Mon-Sun 8:00am-9:30pm

First Review by MadCityDidi

It's Okay

Posted on 07 / 25 / 2015

I had tofu rancheros, without the cheese. The tofu was totally unseasoned and only lightly cooked. And felt like silken. I assume they season their eggs, so I can't imagine why they serve essentially raw slabs of unseasoned tofu. But there you have it. The sauce was bland as well. Pretty disappointing for a restaurant in the southwest.

The server was almost entirely absent during the meal. He was good through getting the food out, then proceeded to never check back. At various times I needed hot sauce (to deal with the bleh tofu), a dessert menu, my check...each involved waiting 8-12 minutes for him to reappear from wherever he was hiding out at. It was almost laughable by the end, especially since I was one of only 2 tables he was ostensibly serving. He was pretty young, maybe this is new to him.

Pros: Has vegan options, Decent ambiance
Cons: Bland vegan food, Absentee waitstaff

Tasty, but ....

Posted on 10 / 05 / 2014

Heartland Café has a beautiful patio and a wonderful ambiance. Sadly, there was only one appetizer and one entrée that were vegan on their dinner menu. I tried them both, and was told that there was also only one salad dressing that was vegan. So, the options are quite limited. However, the hummus was tasty, even if the bread was nothing to write home about. The salad was amazing and I enjoyed every bite! The Portobello tofu stack was a mixed bag. The Portobello and the grilled veggies were delicious. The Portobello may have been one of the most delicious I have ever had. The tofu was blah and added nothing to the dish really. It was pricey, but they do offer a 10% discount if you pay cash.

As good as it was, I doubt I will go back. There were simply too few options.

Pros: Tasty, Nice ambiance, Friendly staff
Cons: Expensive, Limited options

Dear Owner and Manager of Heartline Cafe: