Sells street-food style Chinese and Asian offerings in a quick setting. Makes tofu, soy milk, and soy pudding from local soy beans. Next door to more upscale Roots restaurant. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Chinese, Vietnamese, Fusion, Fast food, Take-out
1216 Bardstown Rd
Louisville, Kentucky 40204
502-452-6678

Open Mon-Fri 11am-11pm, Sat 9am-11pm, Sun 11am-3pm.

First Review by xsamx
Erejimbo
Erejimbo

worth the trip

5 Posted on 04 / 27 / 2014

Traveling on i65 through Kentucky and we ordered up some take-out for the trip. About 3 miles off the expressway and well-worth the stop. Both adults and kiddos loved this place. My bacon eater and protein princess couldn't get enough of the pan fried noodles. Our vegetarian daughter devoured the spring roles and pot stickers. We also tried the veggie burrito and fried tofu which we're awesome.

Pros: fun neighborhood , vegan desserts
BuddyWheeler
BuddyWheeler

My daughters favorite place for spring rolls

5 Posted on 04 / 15 / 2014

All vegetarian with a ton of vegan options. The banh mi is fantastic, my 7 year old begs for the spring rolls here. Counter style service, bus your own table. A great place to stop in for a bite.

Pros: Spring rolls, Very vegan friendly
Cons: not a lot of parking
sarahburnsy
sarahburnsy

Great little place!

5 Posted on 04 / 15 / 2014

I'm vegan so I cook at home almost everyday. In this city it's hard to find vegan or healthy options for that matter. Thank goodness for Heart & Soy! My husband and I love everything that we have had there! This is our favorite place! Their food is so fresh and tasty. They make their tofu right in house, as well as everything else. You cannot get a bad meal at Heart & Soy!

Pros: 90% Vegan, Homemade Tofu, Delish!

Technicality
Technicality

Heart and Soul

4 Posted on 01 / 15 / 2014

The food here tasted amazing.

I do not prefer tofu generally. The tofu (made in house) here is really good, the best I've ever eaten. I had the Korean Rice Bowl (minus the egg) with brown rice (plus) and the flavors were sensational (I'm sure an over easy egg on top would send this over the moon). Warning if you don't like spicy, this one will sneak up on you on the back end -- I loved it.

I also had a cup of their house oolong ginger lemongrass tea. Another flavor sensation.

This will not get 5 Cows because I prefer to see a list of the ingredients in each menu item. The menu was not informative to the contents of each dish making it difficult to decide what to order. Eventually I just asked what the best thing was. As previously mentioned: was not disappointed.

I didn't like that there was no parking. Not being from the area I had to drive around the block a couple times and I parked on a side street about 1/4 mile away.

Pros: Flavor, Nice place
Cons: No parking?, Uninformative menu
sergeantyeti
sergeantyeti

Heart and Soy has Heart and Soul!

5 Posted on 07 / 24 / 2013

This place is a GREAT Asian vegetrarian/vegan restuarant on Bardstown Rd. Louisville. Basically everything is vegetarian and can be made vegan. The Vietnamese noodle salad kicks ass. There is deli case with vegan desserts such as puddings, cakes, cupcakes, breads, and pies. The soft tofu pudding with ginger syrup looks incredible. Wonderful.

Pros: Delicious, Great prices, Variety
SarahHappyVegan
SarahHappyVegan

Delicious and Fast!

5 Posted on 02 / 23 / 2013

I absolutely love Heart & Soy! I always check out what they have in the cold chest out front, in case I need to take home a dessert for later. I usually have to get one of their Bubble Teas; my favorite flavor is avocado, and I can't help but save the little beads for last. My favorite dish so far is their Korean Cellophane Noodles with tofu and veggies. It is amazingly delicious, and I reheated the leftovers in the microwave the next day, no problem. I would recommend any vegan or vegetarians to come right in, and any adventurous omnivores as well!

Pros: Delicious, Inexpensive
Cons: Little parking
Raesock
Raesock

really wonderful

5 Posted on 01 / 02 / 2013

My husband and I shared the spicy noodle soup, the fried rice, and some vegan spring rolls. Everything was great and I felt like it was a good value for the price. Everything was trash and flavorful. The girl at the counter asked if we wanted everything vegan and was very helpful. I couldn't stop exclaiming over how good the soup was. We shared a vegan wunderbar for dessert that was great too. This place made me wish we lived in Louisville. We almost went back for dinner!

Pros: great food , allvegetarian , great dessert
Cons: probably a long wait if busy
Jimmy T
Jimmy T

Great Food!

5 Posted on 05 / 10 / 2012

This place is amazing and very affordable! I loved the Hot & Spicy Noodle Soup! The fried rice was fantastic, not oily at all. It was full of fresh veggies and did NOT taste fried! Will eat there as often as possible!

phoray
phoray

Frequent Choice

5 Posted on 12 / 25 / 2011

100% vegetarian. Love the Pho flat noodle soup, which fills me up. Second love is the Vietnamese sandwich. However, I've seen the portion sizes chosen by the place for the fried rice and lo mein, and if you want a heaping plateful, you'll be disappointed. It is delicious, but it's a "healthy" portion size.

Tapioca starch based pudding and vegan baked goods are one of many dessert options. They are quick, they have free add on condiments on the counter, and I've also enjoyed most of their appetizers.

Check it out, they deserve it.

Pros: Quick, Delicious, Plentiful choices
Cons: small portions
xsamx
xsamx

Fast, local tofu!

5 Posted on 09 / 24 / 2011

Of course, this place rules because it is all-vegetarian, but the food is delicious too. Great tofu sandwiches and quick stir-fries, as well as salads. The best part is they sell their own soy milk, tofu, and even soy pudding. They have a nice "to go" section as well. I definitely recommend Heart & Soy for both the health and ethical benefits of this place.

Pros: vegan friendly, in house made tofu

Dear Owner and Manager of Heart and Soy: