Vegetarian groceries store plus restaurant serving hot and cold dishes, savouries and sweets. No alcohol or smoking. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Indian, Fast food, Take-out
Shop 4/14 Middleton Street (Corner of Byron Street & Middleton Streets - underneath the Budget Motel)
Byron Bay, New South Wales 2481

• Cash only

First Review by Lea
daftdog
daftdog

Makes the hassles of Byron worthwhile...

Posted on 04 / 06 / 2013

Great food, great staff. This little place is tucked away in a side street but certainly worth checking out. For someone like me who travels this vast county a lot, this is one of the gems.
Vegetarian, vegan, cooked, raw, and a wide range of drinks; this place has it all. Everything has been well thought out right down to the environmental aspects of the plates and cups used.
The young woman who serves behind the counter is one of the friendliest people I've met (April, 2013).

Nikki1801
Nikki1801

Cute place worth finding!

Posted on 01 / 16 / 2013

We loved it here- it was right across the street from our hostel, tucked down a quiet alley in relaxing surroundings. The guys there were so friendly and explained everything to us, what was veggie & vegan and what ingredients were in the curries (like what veggies.
You paid depending on what plate size you wanted (I think $8 for the photo I've uploaded) and you pick what you want from the buffet. I think there were also some other set price foods but we just got the buffet plate, it was always delicious and more than enough for us :)

There are so so many options in Byron Bay, this town is a haven for vegans & veggies, but Heart & Halo is definitely worth at least 1 meal whilst you're in town.

Pros: super friendly, fair pricing, great atmosphere & food
Cons: may be hard to find, Closes slightly early, around 7 or 8pm
Narelle72
Narelle72

Loveliest little cafe in Byron!

Posted on 11 / 12 / 2012

A cute find nearly 2 years ago, slightly off the beaten track but easy enough to find! Slices of pizza to salads, lasagne and dhal - yum and excellent value for money!

Pros: Excellent food, Good Value, Cool vibe

ekendra
ekendra

Beautiful place

Posted on 05 / 26 / 2012

This place is definitely worth visiting. The portions are generous and the prices are more than reasonable.

The owner/cook/server is one of the nicest guys. Despite how busy he is, he always manages to smile and have a friendly word with everyone who comes through. And an occasional hug as is the norm in Byron :P

Chickpeace
Chickpeace

Good food

Posted on 04 / 07 / 2012

Lots of vegan options, I had a bowl with curry and a few different salads on top. Followed by a raw chocolate ball. Delicious. Not the most atmospheric place but it's a lot cheaper than the other veggie cafes I went to in the area. It's set back from the street so no people watching, bring a mate or a book, there are also a few magazines and papers about.

Pros: Good vegan options
Wilddonna
Wilddonna

Best Food In Byron

Posted on 03 / 21 / 2012

Heart and Halo melts my food desires into instant satisfaction! The service is impeccable, they know their stuff and they care. I HIGHLY recommend you get yourself and friends here ASAP.
Ooh... and I recommend you get the $16 plate and share with a friend or two... Heaven.

Pros: excellent taste, excellent service, vegetarian
Cons: not open some evenings
ChristopherNeko
ChristopherNeko

Too amazing!

Posted on 06 / 07 / 2011

When I used to live in Byron Shire, this was the place I would always rush home from wherever I was to get to!
Now I'm living overseas, and I miss it so much I had to find it to write a review.
Everyday there is different Vegetarian mostly Vegan dishes to choose from, which I often finding myself trying a bit of everything.
It doesn't stop there, once you get past trying the array of delicious hot dishes & amazing salads, you have a large selection of deserts and cookies/sweet treats to choose from. Then there are the best chai and lassi's I have experienced in my life so far. There is way too much for me to even write about this place. It is probs my main attraction in the town of Byron Bay. MUST SEE!!

Pros: Amazing selections, Healthy, Inexpensive
Cons: None.
vegan_simon
vegan_simon

Wonderful Vibes

Posted on 05 / 04 / 2011

Heart & Halo is a wonderful, quiet place with very friendly & helpful staff and great food. They always have plenty of vegan choices, including curries, dahl, fresh rice-paper rolls, salad with tahini dressing, etc. All the food is reasonably priced and great value. :-)
Updated from previous review on Thursday May 14, 2009

Pros: tasty food, healthy food, good value
Lea
Lea

Best food in Byron Bay

Posted on 12 / 25 / 2010

This fantastic cafe is now in Byron Bay, but the operators are too busy making incredibly delicious food to update the address I think! It is on Middleton St behind the Budget Motel. Every single thing we had on our two visits here was scrumptious. The food is fresh and healthy and the vibe is really friendly. Check out their website for photos of the beautiful food and lovely owners. I think we will be having a lot more holidays in Byron from now on!

Pros: Friendliness and welcome from owners, The food

Dear Owner and Manager of Heart and Halo: