Raw, vegan, and gluten-free restaurant in the southwestern suburbs of Chicago. Replaced the previous Thanks Jordan Vegan Cafe in fall-2013. Offers food preparation classes. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, All Raw, Organic, American, Take-out
928 S State St (downtown)
Lockport, Illinois 60441
815-838-4626
Closed now

Mon-Thu 11:00am-7:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-8:00pm

First Review by widgetoc
smileyguy
smileyguy
  • raw

Worth a detour! Excellent raw vegan menu!

Posted on 02 / 21 / 2015

My wife and I love this place. We have been visiting it for years and the new owner has kept the amazing menu intact and has even widened it and improved it. Everything is raw vegan and there is not an item on the menu that you can go wrong with. The little town of Lockport is not really so far and there is a co-op two doors down where you can pick up some healthy food for when you get home.

Pros: Healthy and delicious choices, Good value for what you get, Great service
Cons: none
Kyleigh100
Kyleigh100

Amazing Food

Posted on 05 / 18 / 2014

Healthy Sins Vegan Cafe is probably one of the best Raw restaurants I've been to. The food is simply divine! My husband and I have been wanting to check it out for ages because we heard such good things about it, but didn't get the chance until recently. I'm happy to report that they totally exceeded out expectations.

All the food was fresh, and tasty. You can really tell that it's prepared with love. The staff is super friendly, and helpful and the place in general has a really cool - almost Euro - like vibe. We loved it. It's the kind of place where you can just relax, and take your time, and enjoy.

Since everything looked so good we had a hard time narrowing it down but we ended up going with the Bagel Bites and the Nachos for our appetizers to share. Both of these were phenomenal. I really loved the 'bagel' bread, and the nachos were out of this world. The Corn chips were so good that i'd argue they're better then regular corn chips. Plus that taco meat was fantastic!

For my husbands meal he went with the Sloppy Joe's which he really liked, I was lucky enough to score a bit myself and So I can say they were pretty damn delicious. For my meal I went with the Pizza and man oh man! The Sunflower Seed crust was excellent, and the Italian Cheese and Marinara were out of this world good! I would definitely order this again. Both mains came with two side salads - a green salad with spicy dressing and a fruit salad with sweet dressing. Both very tasty.

We couldn't pass up dessert, and so my husband ordered the apple pie which was really good - and tasted just like a traditional apple pie. I went with the Almond Butter Pie which blew my mind. So rich, and decadent, and yet light.

They also have smoothies and juices that are made in the Organic Market next door. We were too full after all that to enjoy anything further but after walking around town for a couple of hours we hit up the Organic Market and got some smoothies to go. My husband got the Oatmeal Cookie smoothie which he liked although thought it had a bit too much ginger. I liked it but thought it had too much nutmeg - to each their own. I got the Lemon Cheesecake Smoothie with strawberries and it tasted exactly like Cheesecake.

If you're in the area, or are planning on passing through you really do need to stop and check this place out. You won't be disappointed I swear!

Pros: Delicious Fresh Food , Friendly, helpful Staff, Easy Parking
Cons: A bit Pricey
widgetoc
widgetoc
  • herbivore

STILL OPEN! Healthy Sins Vegan Cafe!

Posted on 02 / 20 / 2014

Formerly the Thanks Jordan Vegan Cafe:

Same delicious food done up right by Chef Ashley Cox! Raw, Vegan, Organic, and Gluten Free! Please come visit us and leave us a review here on our new page!

We hope to see you soon!

Pros: Tastes good, good for you!, Convenient local parking (free), Relaxed, friendly atmosphere

Dear Owner and Manager of Healthy Sins Vegan Cafe: