Healthy Junk

Established summer 2012, a quick service restaurant located in the Good Food Hall food court within Center Street Promenade. Features an all vegan menu with juices, sandwiches, burgers, "fish" and chips, salads, chili, pizza, snacks and sweets. On Sunday only breakfast is served all day. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, American, Juice bar, Pizza, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Take-out

First Review by softballheart
AJFaber
AJFaber

SO DAMN TASTY!

5 Posted on 06 / 18 / 2014

Went here to grab a quick vegan bite with my boss....holy HELL it was delicious! We shared a Chinese Chicken Salad, Crispy Spicy Wings with yummy ranch, and the Stake and Kale tacos....oh my GOODNESS the stake and kale was delicious! I can't wait to try the No Fish and Chips next time I go! The staff there was so kind and friendly and had no issues talking us through the menu and giving recommendations. Would come back again and highly recommend this place for sure!!

Pros: Delicious!, Well Priced, Nice Location
Cons: I didn't experience any
chobesoy
chobesoy

• herbivore

indulge with healthy junk!

4 Posted on 04 / 11 / 2014

This place is like a hippy hipster hangout, the area is fun but in a quaint way, and is far enough from Disneyland that it's not swamped with tourists. It feels like the hidden cool place for locals to go. Yet so Californian with organic food courts, including Healthy Junk which is all vegan.
The mock meats were great, the burger was fantastic and I've never had chili cheese fries (the meat kind) so I was very excited to finally have it. Thumbs up, it tasted like I was indulging in something bad just as I'm sure the usual version does to non-herbivores.
The fish n chips were not my favorite, admittedly. They seemed like the fish that is often in asian mock meat dishes, which is great, but not what is used for fish n chips, namely, the white fishes, and without skin. While I haven't had cod/scrod etc in decades, I grew up in New England where we sure ate it enough...this fish was a bit soft and better for stews or braised dishes, whereas fried fish dishes should be crispy and flake as you break them. Depends how much of a stickler you are for that dish. But the portions were big and the sides were better than expected - I'm not a big slaw fan, but this slaw was good. Will definitely go back to try other items on the menu, there was plenty more.

Pros: fresh, delicious, junky, good portions
Cons: not the best fish
BFonville
BFonville

it's like a vegan mall food court with a bar!

4 Posted on 03 / 08 / 2014

Pretty cool spot, if not a little strange. It's basically a food court with a vegan window. Everything we had was good. A nice alternative to all the touristy lame Anaheim stuff near the convention center and Disneyland. Bar closed pretty early. I wanted to stay for a second drink but the bartender was saying he had to take our drink right at 9:55

Pros: bar!
Cons: closes early
DouglasNY
DouglasNY

Amazing...

5 Posted on 02 / 22 / 2014

Honestly one of the best vegan spots I've ever eaten at. It's cheap and ridiculously fresh. I recommend The Nacho King to go with any meal you choose. Also, the bottled (organic) ginger ale they sell is perfect.

CarleneParrish
CarleneParrish

The World Needs More Healthy Junk!

5 Posted on 01 / 25 / 2014

I love this place. I've only been there twice because it's separated from where I live and work by the 55 and 5 fwys (not a fan of the traffic), but I was delighted both times. Once was for breakfast and I thought I might cry when I bit into the chicken fried "steak"; the gravy was equally delicious. My husband had a "burger" that he really enjoyed. Exceptionally good!
Updated from previous review on Saturday January 25, 2014

Updated from previous review on Saturday January 25, 2014

Pros: Extensive menu, Incredibly great taste
Cons: It's not close to my house :(

Hippiecatlady
Hippiecatlady

I come here at least once a week!

3 Posted on 12 / 10 / 2013

Yummy vegan junk food!

Pros: close to Disneyland, vegan milkshakes, cute atmosphere
Cons: closed on Sundays
Yolanda
Yolanda

Yummy 'fish'

4 Posted on 10 / 24 / 2013

We loved the 'fish' dish which came with home made potato crisps, a coleslaw and ranch dressing. Everything was really tasty. We ordered the shakes but didn't like them, they had a funny taste and a strong fatty coconut flavour, even though I love coconut, this was not so good. Kids loved their burgers and the carrot cake was fine. Lots of free parking in near by parking buildings and so close to the other vegan cafe. We came for lunch from Disneyland but you need a car as it is some distance. I would love to go back and try some of their other dishes.

Pros: parking, all vegan, tasty and not pricey
Cons: milkshakes not so good, dining areas shared with other eateries
litano
litano

pretty good from a former vegetarian restaurant ow

4 Posted on 09 / 14 / 2013

a new vegan eatery in Anaheim near Harbor and Lincoln. The burger was so big, could hardly put my mouth around it. I think is was a Boca burger, but kinda juicy. It had a whole Anaheim Chile that looked liked it was fried inside. will go back to try other things, looks promising.

Pros: price, ambiance, chile burger
Cons: order taker did not know menu
Dantich79
Dantich79

Don't waste your time...

2 Posted on 04 / 22 / 2013

I wanted this place to be good! So badly! We were in town for a wedding, and found this place online. The menu looked great, and we were so excited to try it out!

Unfortunately, this place is a disaster! There were no customers here when we walked in, and we quickly ordered. Half our order showed up within 5 minutes, and that it took two inquiries about our food and another 35 minutes to get the rest of our food!

The customer service was terrible, and they didn't seem too concerned about our issues until we started standing around the counter and talking loudly about our missing food!

After all our food was at the table we were still missing items from our dishes, like avocado, ranch, etc...

Save yourself a headache and head over to Veggie Grill instead!

I would rate it a 1, but this app only lets you rate 2 or higher!

Pros: vegan
Cons: everything else
GabrielitoVegano
GabrielitoVegano

Loved the food

5 Posted on 03 / 23 / 2013

I really enjoyed the food. Linda and the staff are really nice.

Pros: Vegan, Delicious, Good people working there
Cons: A little hard to find
LynnCVoss
LynnCVoss

Excellent food and super nice!

5 Posted on 01 / 18 / 2013

eaten here multiple times while in town. Always nice and the food is great. Hard to choose from all the great things on the menu.

vegankittie
vegankittie

• herbivore

New favorite place!

5 Posted on 09 / 20 / 2012

Healthy junk is located in a newly remodeled historical area of Anaheim, in a small "food court" area. The food and service here is great. I had the chiken strips in a buffalo type sauce and chili cheese fries, both of which were delicious! My boyfriend got the classic burger but subbed the regulare burger patty for a chiken one and he love it. There are also several other vegan friendly places on the same block as well as a lot of lovely new small businesses with a focus on handmade and local and great yoga studio. This will definitely be a new relaxing lunch spot

Pros: Great Food, Great neighborhood, Plentiful parking
Cons: None that i can find
softballheart
softballheart

Outstanding!

5 Posted on 09 / 15 / 2012

Had burgers, pizza, chili chez fries, nachos, juices, and yam fries....all were very good. Delicious food!

Pros: wide selection, reasonably priced, easy access
Cons: there isn't a healthy junk where I live :(
  • Tofu Girl Tofu Girl

This place was very good for the style of food served. The burgers are not frozen patties. Will go back for sure.

Dear Owner and Manager of Healthy Junk: