Locally owned health food store stocking a large selection of vitamins. Not all vegetarian. Will take special orders. more-less

First Review by wmd_15
askantik
askantik

Not bad

3 Posted on 06 / 15 / 2012

Has some good stuff, but a bit limited on the food end as far as vegan stuff. But still not bad considering it's in Tupelo. A lot of this stuff, honestly, can be found in the natural foods section at Kroger. Now I love to support local business, but if I'm gonna pay more, I expect a good selection of items I'm interested in.

That said, the woman who owns it is nice, if a bit over-bearing and talkative.

This is the best (only?) place in the area to get natural cleaning supplies. Sometimes I buy soap and shampoo here, too. They do not carry a vegan multi-vitamin last time I checked.

Does have vegan cheese, but it's so expensive (as it is most places, even in bigger cities) I rarely buy it. Vegan sour cream and cream cheese is cheaper at the Barnes Crossing Kroger and Earth Balance is cheaper and available at both Tupelo Kroger stores.

My advice is to come check this place out and buy whatever you find that isn't available at Kroger (pertaining to food). 100% recycled toilet paper (Marcal brand) is now available at Kroger, too, but dish soap and cleaning spray are not. If you are looking for gluten-free stuff, this place has more selection that Kroger.
Updated from previous review on Monday April 21, 2008

Edit: "The Health Food Store" on McCullough is just as good or better as far as selection and the employees are not abrasive.

Pros: Helpful, Cleaning supplies
Cons: Small selection of food items
wmd_15
wmd_15

amazing

4 Posted on 12 / 18 / 2011

To be in north Mississippi, the vegan section is great! Best one I have found! The lady there is very nice and helpful! She is a bit talkative, but that's how she gets to know you! Make sure to make your grocery list before you go! If she does not have it, she can prolly get it!

Pros: helpful, friendly, selection
Cons: older appliances and shelving

Dear Owner and Manager of Healthy Habits: