Long-time operating independent health food shop, established since 1981. Stocks a wide range of nutritional supplements and vitamins, natural body and beauty care products, packaged foods, snacks, chilled and frozen food, books, energy bars. Vegan and vegetarian friendly. Located in the same shopping plaza as VeStation vegan restaurant. Has parking lot. more-less

First Review by gr8vegan
Chia
Chia

Good selection of products

4 Posted on 03 / 30 / 2012

Had learned about this store on HappyCow, and here's my Healthy Discounts review.

It's a large size store, actually, for an independently own business. I was told that it has been in business for over 30 years, though it seems competition is probably really fierce, especially since Whole Foods is taking over a huge chunk of the natural food business.

Anyways, I was pleasantly surprised by the variety of food and nutritional products offered here. I bought a few snack foods and some healthy dried pasta to take home.

We also munched on a Rice Dream non-dairy ice cream bar after our meal at VeStation Thai vegan restaurant, that's just 2 doors down.

Please go support your local mom-and-pop stores.

gr8vegan
gr8vegan

strip mall natural food store

2 Posted on 02 / 16 / 2012

Healthy discounts is not a destination, its half supplements, some freezers of organic goods and two rows of dry goods. I found some blueberry panda licorice, but that's about it! Check out Vstation in the same complex a new vegan restaurant.

I don't think the deli is any more.

Cons: $5min CC purchase

Dear Owner and Manager of Healthy Discounts: