Natural food market stocking selections in teas, spices, bread, fresh organic produce, vegetarian and vegan products as well non-veg items. more-less

First Review by Kyle11
Kyle11
Kyle11

Great little store in Beavercreek!

5 Posted on 10 / 26 / 2013

I went to Healthy Alternative today to check it out, the branch over by the Fairfield Commons Mall (literally just a couple minutes away). When I pulled in, I must admit I was a little worried, the store looked very small from the outside. However, when I went in I was quite surprised. Part of the store sort of extends past where you would think it ends looking from the outside, providing much more space.

On top of that, they really manage to use the space they have well. It took me longer than I first thought it would to look through all the aisles. They have a little bit of everything there: pet food and treats, pastas, cereals, sauces, vegan cheese, almond milk, plenty of frozen foods (like veg burgers and pizzas), desserts, wines and beers, supplements, beauty products, and more. Some of their items were sold out, but considering it's a smaller type of store, that's fine.

And their prices were decent as well. I've been going down to Health Foods Unlimited (in Centerville) for a little bit now, and while I love that store also, it's on the expensive side. Healthy Alternative has some things prices similarly to Health Foods Unlimited, but for the most part I think their prices are lower. Now, if you go to somewhere like Walmart, you can find some things (like Almond Milk and Veg Burgers) cheaper, but Healthy Alternative definitely has a much better selection and I don't mind paying a little extra for specialty stores like this.

And the staff was very friendly as well. They asked me a couple times if I needed help finding anything, but not in a bad annoying way. I thoroughly enjoyed my trip to Healthy Alternative, and I will no doubt be returning very soon.

Pros: Decent prices, Friendly staff, Good location
Cons: none

Dear Owner and Manager of Healthy Alternative: