Serves meat, veg options available. Located near the National Library and the State Theatre. Downstairs is the vegetarian section and upstairs a normal buffet, but the upstairs may have better vegetarian options. Also, meat items are situated in separate area from the vegetarian / vegan items. Probably not a good place for someone who doesn't know the language. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Lacto, Juice Bar, Salad Bar, Non-veg

First Review by pradipd
Hisoe
Hisoe

Best We Found In Rio

4 Posted on 02 / 13 / 2013

We ate here several times, always on the first (vegetarian) floor.
They were always busy, but the service is excellent, never had to wait long.
Their menu changes everyday, and you can get a soup, salad buffet, hot plate, drink and basic dessert for 20 realis (approx $US10).

Pros: great value, daily menu change, good service
Cons: only open for lunch mon-fri
dnmp
dnmp

Good Food.Not a Place for Non-Portuguese speakers

3 Posted on 08 / 14 / 2012

I ate here in Summer 2013 (Winter in Brazil) and I had a good experience. The food was good and the staff relatively nice. When I sat in the Vegetarian floor section and asked the waitress about Vegan options she told me that there were better options upstairs on the other floor and she was right.

I had rice and beans and some fries. I was gonna have the Minestrone soup but I got full.

Be mindful that you pay for your entree by weight and drinks and dessert have their own price.

I had a good experience and all of the vegetarian/vegan items are on one side of the buffet and the other side (upstairs) had meat.

I won't come running to is place but it is a nice option in the middle of town near the National Library, the Belas Artes Museum and the State Theater.

Finally, because this is a lunch spot I wouldn't suggest this for people who are not comfortable speaking in Portuguese or even Spanish as the servers are too busy to answer questions in Portuguese let alone another language.

Pros: Quick, Location
Cons: Rushed, Lacks Clear Labels
pradipd
pradipd

Disappointing

2 Posted on 11 / 30 / 2011

Even though I am getting quite fed up and tired of these monotonous buffet vegetarian restaurants all over Brazil, I keep trying new ones because honestly, vegetarian food in this country is at a premium. There are no gourmet or fine dining type of restaurants, the kind one finds in the USA or most of Europe, there are hardly any Indian restaurants, and with language a real barrier, one is never sure what one is eating if one is not really careful.

Any way, on the first day in Rio, we ended up at Health's for lunch since we were in the neighbourhood. No one spoke or understood English, the place was packed, it is in the middle of a busy office area, and the place was husge. Upon entry, one is given is a slip that lists various options (salad, soup, desserts, juices, plated meals etc.) The first floor is a vegetarian floor, and the second floor is primarily dead animals. We figured this out from the slip given to us.

The buffet choice consisted mainly of salad components, with almost no cooked item. Soup, juice, plated items etc are to be ordered after one is seated. The waitress will indicate on the slip whatever one has taken, including the salad. The buffet is a fixed price and not by weight.

The buffet was boring and uninviting, the tomato soup was good (it comes with a large basket of toasted bread), the juice was refreshing. Our waitress made every effort to help us once she realized we did not understand Portuguese.

Avoid this place because 1. it has dead animals as well (even though they are on a different floor) and 2. teh choices are boring and dull.

Pros: Location
Cons: Dead animals, Boring, Uninviting

Dear Owner and Manager of Health's: