Health Valley Brasil

Health food shop, snack bar, and restaurant. Serving all vegan food on Tuesday and Thursday; other days lacto-vegetarian food. No onion, garlic, or mushroom used. Price: Moderate more-less
Lacto, International, Buffet, Juice bar, Take-out, Brazilian
Rua Direita Da Piedade 17
Salvador, Brazil 40070-190
71-33292176

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by agriot
ZannaStar
ZannaStar

Home from home

Posted on 10 / 16 / 2015

Folks told me I'd starve in Brazil but I found the veg*n options everywhere better than back home in the UK, London excluded. This place, visited in 2008, was then the most homely, friendly all you can eat buffet possible, and it was gooood food not just cheap n serviceable. The necessities like rice n beans were backed up with curry, tofu dishes and Mediterranean foods, and whenever they brought out the rice balls they were all gone in 30 seconds. My friends always said get there at 12 because it will all be gone 2 hours later.

Pros: Value, Community vibe
Cons: Get there early
mathias.tholey
mathias.tholey

very good vegetarian and vegan food

Posted on 07 / 16 / 2014

This place serves a nice all you can eat vegetarian/vegan buffet. The owner is this type of old Salvador grandpa who you immediately fall in love with. The food ist 9/10 and the atmosphere is typically Brazilian. Make sure you arrive early as the prepare only as much as they think what will be eaten in irder to not overproduze food, which I find quite reasonable. But it can lead to a diminished choice after 2 o'clock. All in all absolutely recommenable!

peacekeeper
peacekeeper

Home in Salvador!

Posted on 08 / 19 / 2009

I was in Salvador for approximately 2 1/2. I was able to eat pretty well at places where one can pay by the kilo. However, during my last two days in Salvador, I ran across Health Valley Brasil. It consisted of an amazing environment, with equally amazing people and food! It was absolutely phenomenal to eat such good food (all you can eat) for the unbelievable price of $10R (approximately 5-6 dollars). Black eyed peas, two different rice dishes, home-made pizza, potatoes, greens, corn soup, abundance of fresh salad greens, okra, fresh juice, tea...! On top of it, I bought fresh bread to take back to my 'other home' in the U.S.

I honestly felt that the universe was assisting me to have a big celebration party before leaving Salvador; which is a place of constant celebration!

Many thanks to Johnny; a beautiful human being.
Peace

P.S.--By the way, Johnny is not only fluent in English, but 8 languages total!

agriot
agriot

Happy at Healthy Valley

Posted on 06 / 21 / 2009

Had a nice list of veg type restaurants for Salvador. Healthy Valley was the 2nd one I went to and I went back there every day after that. Their menu is 100% vegetarian (vegan too I think) and the food was tastey and varied. It's an all you can eat buffet and to say that it's reasonably priced is more than an understatement. 10.00R$ which is about $6.00 US. Johnny the owner is from Ghana and is fluent in English. A rare treat here:) A friend has severe food allergies. She asked and was informed what foods to avoid. The atmosphere is friendly and I made friends with at least half a dozen people that I met there. My only regret is that they're closed on Sundays. THere is also a small health food store where you can buy soy milk, tofu and stuff like that. Tofu is a rare find in South America. Love this place!!! Oh! Friday is pizza day!

Pros: Great food, Good price, Cordial atmosphere

Dear Owner and Manager of Health Valley Brasil: