Health Food Herb Center

Natural food store and counter service deli. Has veggie sandwiches, salads, soups, shakes, wheat grass and juices. Food is made to order. No red meat sold on premises. Open 10:30am-5pm. more-less

First Review by myboyfriendisdead
NYCKatieP
NYCKatieP

Amazing find in downtown Newark!

5 Posted on 03 / 20 / 2012

I was leafleting with a friend for Vegan Outreach at Rutgers when she "Happy Cowed" this place. We were SO impressed. They are clean, nice, and the sandwiches (we both got veg corned beef wraps) we're to die for. A hidden gem in downtown Newark where everything else is the total opposite of veg. Also an amazing selection of foods and herbs.

Pros: Excellent food, Friendly staff, Great selection
Cons: Still offer meat products, Bad neighborhood
PrincessCNJ
PrincessCNJ

Great Store

5 Posted on 03 / 31 / 2009

I live in Newark, so I visit this store frequently for my vegetarian/vegan meat analog purchases, vitamins and herbal teas selections. I just recently started buying the Vegan deli sandwiches prepared on site and it is "DELICIOUS." The sandwiches are prepared with vegan deli meat analogs (of your choice), along with lettuce, cucumbers, grated red cabbage and so on. They also so "wraps." The staff is friendly and they prepare everything to your liking. I would recommend this store/deli to all vegetarians and vegans. I must correct one the 1st review by saying that " they do cater to "non-vegetarians" and therefore have meat/poultry deli items on their menu (sad huh :-( )." I was in the store on 03/27/09 and I spoke with a staff member and she confirmed that they do serve meat products.

Pros: Excellent selection, Great service, Tasty vegan sandwiches/wraps
Cons: A bit pricey, Don't go during lunch
myboyfriendisdead
myboyfriendisdead

A Must Visit!!!

5 Posted on 08 / 16 / 2007

Health Foods is a must visit in the Newark area. They offer a wide array of vegan sandwiches to go, fresh juices... Wheat grass... Vegan cookies, and a great amount of groceries.

Dear Owner and Manager of Health Food Herb Center: