Hatool HaYarok - The Green Cat

First all-vegan pizza place in Israel, opened May 2014. Uses cashew-based mozzarella cheese made on the premises. Toppings include: artichoke, portobello mushroom, dried cherry tomatoes, calamata olives, roast seitan, baked yam, and other veggies. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Pizza, Italian, Take-out

andrea
andrea

Just ok

Posted on 04 / 21 / 2015

We were SO excited to get pizza here, we walked all the way down there for lunch and they are closed for lunch. You've been warned. Walked back the next evening and got a large pizza. It is 75 nis and comes with two toppings. It was just so meh. The edges were burned black on a few spots, so we broke that off. The crust was very thin and crisp. The sauce was quite bare, so that some of the crust showed through. There were small circles of some cheez; honestly it didn't taste like much. The two toppings, seitan and artichoke were very good. The whole thing just left us feeling like we hadn't experienced much of anything. Makes me miss our late great vegan pizzeria in Boston all the more. It was pricey, but you left feeling high from that stuff. I know there is good fake cheese in Israel, these guys need to get some of it.

vegetariangirl
vegetariangirl

awesome pizza!

Posted on 03 / 02 / 2015

Chewy, crisp crust, flavourful vegan cheese and toppings.

tomeri.or
tomeri.or

Awesome vegan pizza!!!

Posted on 11 / 27 / 2014

Been there several times,
I LOVE their pizza - although I had some staff issues (not always welcoming), It is by far best vagen pizza I have ever had - so the 5* I give is only for the product.

Tommy Rod
Tommy Rod

You get what's on the tin (not literally)

Posted on 10 / 19 / 2014

Nice unpretentious place, helpful friendly staff, relaxing outdoors seating, free wifi. You get the food on the description here, freshly made pizza, eight choice of toppings, nothing less, nothing more.

Pros: Food, Staff, Atmosphere
Cons: Limited food variety
Brok O. Lee
Brok O. Lee

Best vegan pizza!

Posted on 08 / 19 / 2014

What a terrific price - NIS 35 for a generous individual pizza. The cashew cheese is really good (and not the sticky yellow vegan cheese being offered in other places). I can understand why everyone I know raves about this place. However, it was too salty for my taste.

Pros: Great vegan cashew cheese, Inexpensive
Cons: Too salty
KfirCohen91
KfirCohen91

Amazing pizza!

Posted on 07 / 09 / 2014

Best place to have a nice vegan pizza in israel!

Dear Owner and Manager of Hatool HaYarok - The Green Cat: