Small vegan bistrot with family atmosphere, opened Dec 2012. Offers a buffet of international as well western cuisine and desserts. Accepts reservations. Public transit: U2, Linie 2, bus 5a. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Organic, European, International, Austrian, Juice bar, Buffet, Beer/Wine, Take-out
Karmeliterplatz 1 (Taborstrasse)
Vienna, Austria 1020

Open Mon-Sat 10am-10pm, Sun 10am-6pm.

• Wheelchair accessible
  • Cash only

First Review by CeciliaTegner
Leah Stolar
Leah Stolar

Healthy, Relaxed Dining

5 Posted on 07 / 16 / 2014

We had two great meals at Harvest, buffet the first day for lunch and items from the menu the second day for dinner. There is ample indoor and outdoor seating. I definitely recommend the energy balls for dessert. We also had the coffee cake which was excellent. It's a relaxed, quiet restaurant with very helpful service. We had researched Harvest in advance on Happy Cow and were really pleased we did. It saved us from more pasta meals!

Amy1274
Amy1274

Great atmosphere

5 Posted on 05 / 17 / 2014

My husband and I visited in an evening, where there is a menu plus specials rather than the buffet that takes place at lunchtime. There was quite a large selection available despite it being close to the end of serving time (22:00, though the venue stays open as a bar until later), and the owner detailed the specials in person. He was very friendly, asking about our holiday as well as checking the food was ok and talking about the history of the restaurant; overall it was a very welcoming atmosphere, with candles and music-themed decoration.

Between us we tried dumplings, goulash, chocolate cake and a sugar-free, raw cake , all of which were of a great quality, and portion sizes were good. But in my opinion best of all had to be both flavours of the homemade lemonade.

Two mains, two desserts and four drinks came to around 30 Euros, which I would say is normal for Vienna, and it's in a central location, close to two U-Bahn stations.

To summarise: good food, good atmosphere, good value for money.

Pros: quality, atmosphere, location
Elisabeth_Vienne
Elisabeth_Vienne

Hot tip: Breakfast/Brunch

5 Posted on 05 / 06 / 2014

I've been there a couple of times and it was always really nice :) They are absolutely friendly there and I also loved the high walls and decoration inside and the nice location.

It's a graet place to have breakfast/brunch as they have a wide choice of very delicious vegan meals!

Prices are still okay.. The only critical point is the small coffee, but that is just my opinion.

All thumps up :)

Pros: super delicious food, decoration, friendly staff
jlmcmillan
jlmcmillan

So good!

5 Posted on 05 / 02 / 2014

Really delicious! The goulash was, by far, the best—we ate there two nights running and ordered it both times!

Inge
Inge

• raw

very good

5 Posted on 03 / 30 / 2014

The soup was outof this world good
The spinatknodel were well heavy as they would be bur soooooo good and wonderfully peppered from within
The salad was my disappointment because they are on the vinegar but the chef offered me some carrots strangly overdosed on lemon instead (what is it with people s need to acidice sooo much something so pure?:-( )
Great staff

SarahForestsong
SarahForestsong

Awesome

5 Posted on 03 / 23 / 2014

We went there today and ate on the all you can eat buffet. It was awesome, the whole buffet and all cakes were vegan and everything was very very tasty.
If you have the chance to go there, do it! :)
But If you want to eat there on a weekend (saturday or sunday) make a reservation first because it may be very crowded.

alicepi
alicepi

Vegan dream:)

5 Posted on 03 / 03 / 2014

This place is absolutely fabulous. All vegan. And all delicious. The athmosphere is really nice.Super healthy and super tasty. Not too salty (for the soup and main dish) but with a great mix of spices and not too sweet (for the desert). Great food. Great and friendly staff. Small restaurant with nice athmosphere. Prices are ok ( less than 10 euros for main dish; around 3 euros for desert/soups/side dishes). This is a place where you can easily invite non-vegetarian and non-vegan people.

MartinaM
MartinaM

Veganes Lokal in ruhiger Lage

5 Posted on 12 / 05 / 2013

Charmantes Lokal am hübschen Karmeliterplatz. Im Sommer stehen auch Sitz-Plätze draußen zur Verfügung.

Es gibt Frühstücksangebote, Mittagsmenü, Salate, selbstgemachte Mehlspeisen, Abendgericht und ein paar Gerichte à la carte.

Am Sonntag gibt es Brunch mit ausreichend veganem Angebot. War super lecker.

Generell werden so viel wie möglich Bio-, regionale- und Fairtrade Produkte verwendet.

Weitere Infos und Bilder hab ich auf meinem Blog (Link siehe Profil). Auch zu anderen veganen Lokalen (hauptsächlich Graz).

Martina

Pros: Mo-So geöffnet, 100% vegan, gute Lage
kumovic
kumovic

Refueling after a long walk through Vienna

5 Posted on 10 / 31 / 2013

A good place to refuel after a long walk through the streets of Vienna. That's what my wife and I did few days ago. It was beautiful Sunday October day, and this restaurant was great choice. We came almost at a closing time, but we get very warm welcome, and very warm supper as well. The place has a nice interior and a few nice tables and seats outside. Food is delicious and there are many choices. Beer is also good. But the best thing was french vegetable soup. Harvest is my honest recommendation for everyone who visits or lives in Vienna.

DanimalPanda
DanimalPanda

awesome

5 Posted on 10 / 27 / 2013

Brunch is the key to life. Lively fun team running this place. I love it. They are really friendly!

Food is soooooo good and lots of variety.

Pros: brunch, cakes, coffee
beticita
beticita

Outstanding!!

5 Posted on 10 / 05 / 2013

Where do I start?...I am a vegan and an foodie and I absolutely love this shabby chic restaurant. We ate there three times out of the four days we stayed in Vienna. The food is amazing!. According to the waitress, the owner allows chefs from different ethnic backgrounds to cook there. The last day we were in Vienna we decided to have lunch and went back. That particular day the chef was from Bosnia. She or he veganized the recipes and they were.delicious! Every dish was a party of incredible tasty flavors. We had a lunch buffet which could or not include soup which they were also super delicious. The food is fresh, well made and the staff was friendly-the waitress spoke good English. The atmosphere is cute and cozy.I also got lucky one of the opportunities we were there and met “Lola”, the waitress ‘French bulldog (if you are a vegan you won't mind to take your pet to work).
If I ever go to Vienna again, I will definitely go back. If you are looking for an excellent, extremely tasty and affordable meal in a cozy atmosphere..This is the place!.
Updated from previous review on Tuesday October 01, 2013

Updated from previous review on Thursday October 03, 2013

Updated from previous review on Thursday October 03, 2013

Pros: Great delicious meals, Cozy athmosphere-friendly staff, good value
ValerieWarner
ValerieWarner

Would go back!

5 Posted on 09 / 30 / 2013

Wonderful bistro with a very affordable lunch buffet. Delicious food and marvelous desserts. Very friendly staff! I would definitely go back if I were in Vienna!

Pros: Excellent Food, Great Value, Friendly Staff
MinaMurray
MinaMurray

nice place

4 Posted on 08 / 30 / 2013

went for dinner, both our dishes were excellent. waitress very friendly if a little forgetful. would go again.

VeganPinkKiwi
VeganPinkKiwi

Chic veg rest!

5 Posted on 08 / 29 / 2013

Super cute, shabby chic vegan rest. We really enjoyed, the location is really well done, nice choice for fornitures and 'chic touches all around' (old sewing Singer machine as a small table). The menu is great with special vegan dishes and special dayly menus.
Nice choice also for desserts and drinks.
Updated from previous review on Thursday August 29, 2013

Pros: Atmosphere , Good menù, Kidness of the staff
Cons: Not english menù, but they translate it
Harp
Harp

Great!

5 Posted on 05 / 06 / 2013

I was two days in this place during my last visit to Wien. I highly recommend it, lots of vegan options and friendly staff. Try their vegan cakes!

Pros: Vegan Options, Atmosphere , Cakes
irmavepkitty
irmavepkitty

Highly recommended!

5 Posted on 05 / 01 / 2013

A friend and I had dinner here last week and really enjoyed the food and atmosphere. The staff were really friendly, helpful and spoke good English.
The vegan carrot and chocolate cake was served with a pot of whipped soy cream and was simply amazing.
If I am ever in Vienna again I will definitely revisit.

Pros: fresh, lots of vegan options, friendly staff
Cons: too far from home to visit regularly!
CeciliaTegner
CeciliaTegner

Great brunch!

5 Posted on 03 / 21 / 2013

Went for brunch here. Many vegan options, great doughnuts and super friendly! Different choices and prices to the self serve depending on how hungry you are. Highly recommend it!

Pros: Good value, Great taste

Dear Owner and Manager of Harvest: