SOMA area market stocking both natural and conventional food and groceries. Spacious interior. Has a deli, salad bar, and coffee bar with seating inside. Small selection of organic produce. Open daily. more-less

First Review by Chia
FoodAndLoathing
FoodAndLoathing

Least-friendly small grocery store in the Bay

1 Posted on 10 / 08 / 2013

...and I can assure you, I've been to them all. Even Star Grocery in the East Bay, which literally has a BUTCHER SHOP in the back is 100 times friendlier than this place!

They have a pretty nice buffet-by-weight selection with vegan stuff but you can easily spend $3 for one measly slice of a sushi roll or similar. None of the employees seems to be enjoying their job at all. None of them want to help you or seem to know what's going on. They sell some good stuff, but it's priced higher than those same things elsewhere. The only good thing I can really say about this place is that it's really pretty. I mean, it looks cool.

Chia
Chia

Convenient

3 Posted on 01 / 16 / 2012

I was in San Francisco last month, just walking in this area and happened to see this place, so I stopped in. Here's my Harvest Urban Market review.

The market is housed in a very large location (for San Francisco), at the corner of 8th and Howard. The large glass windows in the front and side give in a lot of natural lighting, which is nice.

Inside there is a cafe seating area next to the coffee bar and salad bar. The salad bar features mostly veggies, but the deli case is mostly filled with meat stuff.

The grocery selection offers a mix of both conventional brands as well as natural food brands.

I found the travel size soymilk I wanted. Pricey, though.

Pros: has natural groceries, mostly veg salad bar
Cons: expensive, meat

Dear Owner and Manager of Harvest Urban Market: