Vegetarian restaurant serving Italian style meals. Price: Expensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Italian, Gourmet
71 Evans Street (Victoria Rd/Sydney Inner West)
Rozelle, New South Wales 2039
02-98184201

Tue-Sat 5:30pm-9:30pm

First Review by jasminetea
PamelaRossmann-Bray
PamelaRossmann-Bray

Will return next visit to AU!

Posted on 12 / 13 / 2013

Lovely place, worth the time to travel out to Rozelle. Delish food, and love the options!

Pros: Creative, Small, OPTIONS!
Cons: Wine list
cha222
cha222

Good place for a romantic dinner

Posted on 10 / 18 / 2012

For my partner's birthday, I was looking for good quality food and a quiet place. Harvest is the perfect restaurant: small candles, friendly staff, a sophisticated presentation in the dishes... The only negative aspect is the creativity: as vegetarians, we are used to a variety of tastes that are not really used in an omnivore cuisine. At Harvest, it's traditional food with no meat. They don't make the most of all the vegetarian / vegan possibilities. But I think it's a good place to bring your carnivore friends, because the food is in line with the kind of tastes they are used to.

Pros: friendly staff, quiet and romantic place, tasty food, good presentation
Cons: not particularly creative
MimiXVX
MimiXVX

sooooooo bad

Posted on 11 / 06 / 2011

Usually I would never talk so badly about a vegetarian place, but this had to be the worst dinner I have ever had. My friend had the Gnocci, and she paid 23 bucks and literally got 4 pieces of it, in some tomato sauce with TWO pieces of lettuce. This meal was not even big enough to be considered an appetizer, I honestly thought it was a joke when they brought it out. I had the tofu skewers and for 22 bucks it was barely a meal as well. She brought it out and never checked on us once. We were all hungry when we left and we spent WAY too much money for that. I will NEVER go back, I wish I took a picture of the gnocchi, what a joke, biggest waste of money I couldn't even believe it.

rach
rach

Fantastic

Posted on 07 / 06 / 2009

This restaurant is fantastic for a nice night out with loved ones. The range is extensive and all vegetarian some menu items include: stuffed zucchine, tortelli with orange sauce, mushroom steak with pancake, gnocchi, gourmet savory , lasagne(or moussaka), curries and other asian style mains. I'd describe it as modern with italian influence. The desserts are to die for - try the sticky date pudding. You can BYO wine. I've lived in Sydney all my life and its rare to find such a nice vegetarian restaurant with such an extensive menu. Mains are $20+ as you'd expect to pay for a nice restaurant. Dont go here for a quick and cheap meal, go for a 3 course dinner and a lovely night out. Highly recommended and I'm suprised this restaurant hasn't been rated higher by others. Try it for yourself.

Pros: Nice dining vegetarian, Extensive vegie menu, Nice ambiance
Cons: Location is a little far, Not for cheap and quick meals
VeJo
VeJo

Nice atmosphere

Posted on 04 / 24 / 2009

We had a really nice night at Harvest. Yes, it is pricey, but as far as I can tell (I'm fairly new to Sydney), it's the only place you can go for a vegan meal that is more special than a tofu burger, and isn't asian (I love asian food, but need variety). My husband had the gnocchi (veganised)and I had the risotto (already vegan, I think). We were just so happy to have Italian vegan food we hadn't cooked ourselves, but it was also very tasty. We had an entree between us and one main each, and (with the salad they bought out with the meals) left feeling full. I get the point that others have about a lack of variety -- and this would hinder us going back too soon as well. But it was a nice experience and deserves more than two stars.

Pros: great service, ambiance, quiet
Cons: $$$, more vegan options needed
Guest
Guest

Peasant Food

Posted on 06 / 22 / 2007

Harvest is ok. It only has 3 meals which are vegan amongst all those vegetarian ones. You have to order entree and mains, otherwise you won't be full. Mains are priced about $15-$25. We have the dips and breads for entree which is yumm and they change it to be vegan. The garlic bread is filling and they give you free salad. But all we like is gnocci for mains and it comes in one of those small lasagne dishes that i remember pizza hut used to serve their lasagne in a decade ago - so too small, you really need two servings, but at such prices, we usually leave hungry, but nice for a romantic dinner out - which is the only time we go, but I don't think we'll go again. Too many other better vegan restaurants around in Sydney.

Pros: free salad, romantic (rustic), a la carte
Cons: slow service, small meals, limited vegan menu
jasminetea
jasminetea

Harvest

Posted on 05 / 06 / 2007

Without wanting to sound really snobby, I went here last year when I was back in Sydney and almost forgot what I ate. The menu really needs to move with the times and ditch the staple cheese and gnocchi angle! I was expecting more from what I'd read. These days its menu is what you'll see in the veggie sections of other carnivorous restaurants with the disadvantage of it not necessarily tasting as good. What's more it doesn't specialise in a coherent 'style' of food, apart from it being vegetarian. The restaurant needs more competition from the non-Chinese veggie sector, or it needs to research how established places like Manna Veg in London still manage to surprise the punters.
That said, it was nice service, a nice neighbourhood location and the wine was good. As Randy Jackon says it was 'just OK for me man'.

Pros: Local atmosphere
Cons: Boring menu

Dear Owner and Manager of Harvest: