Harmony Village Vegetarian

Has menu in English. MTR Causeway Bay station F1 exit. Moved from Shop 1, G/F Progress Commercial Bldg, 7-11 Irving St. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Chinese, Fast food, Take-out

First Review by JohnnySensible
Stevie
Stevie

Harmony Village Vegetarian, Hong Kong

4 Posted on 03 / 15 / 2014

Updated from previous review on Sunday March 02, 2014

This place has moved across the street to bigger and more stylish premises. Items on the menu containing egg are clearly marked. I had a snack dish today of mock chicken with seaweed that was sensational.

------------------------------------------------------
Previous review:-

I spun in here yesterday for an early evening dinner. Its a small place with a few tables and what I counted as 24 stools for them to pack people into. The menu seemed to be the same as per most of the places I've been to in HK, big big choice of dishes. The place was pleasant enough. Indeed a couple of customers at another table helped my ordering by translating to the waitress, 'no egg, no milk products' etc on my behalf.

I had a terrific miso soup followed by a main course with rice. Interesting the main course and rice together on the same plate. I suspect the waitress clocked me for what I am, namely someone new in this part of the world and still not very good with chopsticks. Of course though she was happy to provide a bowl when I indicated my intention to have a bash with the chop sticks.

Pros: Vegan friendly, Big choice
samden
samden

Best chines food in Hong Kong

5 Posted on 03 / 10 / 2013

Best chines food in Hong Kong - yes, you have to like mock meat for most dishes. But its a very testy and friendly place.

Pros: great food, friendly staff, clean
Cons: most dishes whit mock meat
rajuking
rajuking

The One Of Best Among I Visited Till Today

5 Posted on 03 / 05 / 2013

This is a very small restaurant...but its one of the best vegetarian restaurant I have visited till today...nicely priced and the way owner leady help me to order its great...will surely visit again and again...when I am in HK.... :)

Pros: Price, Quantity, Friendly Staff
Cons: Small Place

sglcklch
sglcklch

OK, nothing to write home about

3 Posted on 08 / 04 / 2010

Here they serve mainly traditional Cantonese/Chinese dishes. Same thing as its like, lots of mock meat, deep fry stuff, could also use less salt and oil. The place is very clean though, and service very friendly. OK for a simple meal. I thought it was a little pricey, maybe because of the location.

Pros: big menu, cleanliness, service
Cons: bit pricey
Guest
Guest

Satisfied - a friendly place -

4 Posted on 04 / 16 / 2009

I got an "attack of the munchies" last night whilst out with 2 friends in Causeway Bay & decided to give this little place a try.

It was "packed".

Fortunately some local folks beckoned to us to share their table & the 3 of us enjoyed crunchy water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, various mushrooms, steamed broccoli plus a few more veggies with white rice.

The veggies were not overcooked!

Awesome chilli seasoning made with fermented tofu.

Jasmine tea of OK quality served "gratis".

It seems to be family run & the atmosphere is really nice.

For sure I will visit again.

comida
comida

Good food and friendly staff

4 Posted on 12 / 31 / 2008

We had some yummy bowls of congee here for brunch one morning. They have some really good specials every day on their board, but they were all in Chinese. They do have an English menu as well, though. They have many tofu dishes as well as mock meats, for those who don't like fake meats. We saw others having the Lohan noodles, and they looked great too. The staff were helpful and friendly.

Pros: Quick service, Big portions, In a central area
Cons: limited seating
duffiness
duffiness

Good food, good specials

4 Posted on 02 / 10 / 2008

We were fortunate enough to be staying only 2 streets away from this delightful cafe so we went there every night of our stay in Hong Kong. Good wholesome food, the dinner special is good value for money. A good selection of vegan dishes. We had an excellent red organic wine with our dinner one evening and the waitress was charming.

Pros: Good location near Times Square, Great food, Good music
Cons: Quite small
philjdomm
philjdomm

Mock Food

3 Posted on 12 / 27 / 2007

well, if u like mock food, it's one of those. if you don't, then u wont't like it here.
very organized place. right behind hotel.

Pros: neat
JohnnySensible
JohnnySensible
  • herbivore

Clean/tidy place - good to visit if you are nearby

3 Posted on 06 / 09 / 2007

In a maze of backstreets - a little tricky to find for the first time unless you are carrying a streetmap. By MTR leave Causeway Bay Station by Exit F - walk to your left - then turn right into Jardines Bazaar - walk to the end - cross Penington St & you are in Irving St - located on the right hand side - directly opposite the back entrance of Regal Hong Kong Hotel. Tiny family run cafe - menu in English - some English spoken - just a few dishes with eggs / most are vegan. I had a noodle / water chestnut / vegetables combination - it was cooked just right - crispy chestnuts - not too salty. Selection of dim-sum. Main business is take-away. This is the busiest commercial area on Hong Kong Island with countless higher-end apartments - people phone in orders & pick up their food after 15 / 20 minutes. Connected somehow to an online health food business but the website is only in Chinese. I enjoyed my visit / chat with the owner.

Pros: Low-cost veggy food in, expensive part of Hong, Kong Island
Cons: Tiny with very few, seats.

Dear Owner and Manager of Harmony Village Vegetarian: