Now providing vegan catering and vegan baking. Its organic cafe previously at 9 Bleecker St had shut down in June 2013. more-less

First Review by VeganBK
webmaster
webmaster

Now offering vegan catering & baking

5 Posted on 06 / 04 / 2014

Starting July 2013 Harmony offers vegan catering and baking. Its cafe on Bleeker Street NY is closed.

Updated from previous review on Monday September 23, 2013

heywood100
heywood100

A review of cheese, apparently

3 Posted on 04 / 22 / 2013

Well, it seems a little unfair to review this place in terms of the food, as I was honestly a little on the hungover side when we visited. I went for the 'chick pea melt' sandwich, which was sort of like a chick pea stroganoff on bread, with vegan cheese. I appreciate the stroganoff, but my stomach somewhat recoiled from the vast amounts of that weird Daiya cheese stuff - it's so strange, it does taste like cheese, but it tastes kinda uniformly cheese-like, y'know? Like, if you ate a little bit of 'real' cheese it would taste a little cheesy, and if you ate a lot of 'real' cheese it would taste very cheesy, but the Daiya stuff always tastes exactly as cheesy as every previous mouthful, no matter how much or how little you consume...

Anyway, don't eat too much vegan cheese on a hangover is my point, your stomach won't like it, and it will make the sandwich more difficult to finish than it otherwise would be.

The place itself was pretty nice, a chilled coffee-shop type atmosphere, but with radical poster art on the walls, and the people around seemed happy to spend hours hanging around there working on stuff, so I imagine it would be a good place to do a bit of work, if that's the kind of thing you're into doing.

In summary, I'm giving them three, but I'd like to try the place again sober to reassess it...

rosenyny
rosenyny

Good food near the Bowery

5 Posted on 11 / 15 / 2012

If you are in the LES Bowery area and are hungry, then drop in at Harmony Kitchen NYC for a bite and something to drink, either savory or sweet. It's all very tasty, fresh, and good for you, so you don't have to feel guilty! The sweets are very well done, you would NEVER guess they were vegan---very moist and delicious. The expanded menu offers lots of really great choices. Today I had the spicy hummus wrap and a slice of the pumpkin bread. Both were great. I highly recommend this place. It's not much to look at from the street but inside is quiet and peaceful. Free wifi too!

Pros: fresh and tasty food, good variety, even a meat eater would like eating here
Cons: frontage and signage could use some work

VeganBK
VeganBK

Great Food and Coffee

5 Posted on 09 / 10 / 2012

I discovered this spot by chance. It's located on a quiet block of Bleecker St and is easy to miss. I had a salad with a delicious ginger/tahini dressing and picked up a banana chocolate chip muffin, which was so good, with an almond milk latte to go. A great find!

Dear Owner and Manager of Harmony Kitchen NYC: