A walk into Meri Hanlin's health shop is a truly an experience. The first thing that hits you is the wonderful smell - a combination of natural oils, perfumes, incense and essences. Next are the colorful displays of just about everything you could want in a health shop: vitamins, minerals, tonics, tinctures, lip balms, cosmetics, and enticing foods and drinks, as well as all sorts of cleaning products and pet foods. It's one of those places you need time to look around, a place for anyone seeking an alternative way of dealing with life. Her section given over to gluten-free products is second to none, and she's got everything for anyone following a vegan, vegetarian, raw food or other healthy diets. Carries everything coconut, from water and oil to flour and milks. Meri is always ready to give her expert advice - just ask. more-less
Waterside Gardens, lote 10 (Lagos)
Praia Da Luz, Portugal 8600-168
+351-282788353

Mon-Fri 10:00am-6:00pm, Sat 10:00am-1:00pm

First Review by hvor_poetisk
Hherrmmann
Hherrmmann

Nutrition Additives, soy etc; not Full Service

Posted on 07 / 05 / 2015

Nothing wrong with the shop - just be aware that this is a shop for all kinds of nutrition additives, a bit of soy, tempeh, tofu and some dried food. Don't expect fresh vegetables or fruit here (therefore I found the description "full service natural food store" misleading!).
Updated from previous review on Monday June 01, 2015

Pros: Large Collection Of Nutrition additives, Proteins For Vegetarians Like Soy, Tofu, Tempeh
Cons: No Frsh Veggies Or Fruit, Misleading description
borsi
borsi

perfect health shop

Posted on 10 / 29 / 2012

this little shop has everything. very well stocked excellent.

chrdold
chrdold

nice shop

Posted on 09 / 06 / 2012

You find great stuff here, including some extraordinary stuff I haven't seen before (readymade dishes and stuff from far away). It is closer to the city than to the beach.

hvor_poetisk
hvor_poetisk

Good

Posted on 07 / 23 / 2012

Nice shop with almost everything a vegan/vegetarian might want, from body scrubs to non-dairy milk. However, the products were a little over-priced and the service was just not as welcoming as I would have loved it to be. Seeing that most Portuguese supermarkets (at least in this area) sell non-dairy milk products etc, while other either pharmacies or beauty stores (or whatever you like to call stores that sell personal care products) have the same products to smaller prices I have no reason to recommend this store as a "must-visit". The great variety of products available in this store, and that it is defiantly worthy a visit.

Pros: Great variety
  • sally14 sally14

completely agree the prices are higher than they should be and the staff were not welcoming at all - did not acknowledge my presence or thank me for custom too busy chatting to friends in the shop - when I tried to enter the shop as door was open was rudely advised "we are not open" it was 2 mins before the opening time - how rude and discouraging - I left and did not return - pity as planning to spend a small fortune that day

• Meri Hanlin Meri Hanlin

Dear Sally14 , I am sorry you found my staff to be unwelcoming. I have since replaced certain staff and i pride myself on making customer service our top priority. Most customers would whole heartedly agree with this statement. I go out of my way to find any product that they cannot. I wish you would visit again. I promise you a much nicer experience. Oh...and I have NEVER turned away a customer away for being 2 minutes early! Believe me , that staff member is no longer here! Please come on back! Hope to see you in the future.

Dear Owner and Manager of Harmony Earth:

Thank you for being a Premium FRIEND supporter.

There's another way to promote your business on HappyCow:

Advertise your large, custom banner on the Praia Da Luz page, or any other regional page.

Please email us if you have questions, or to get started today!

Last updated: 2015/07/06