A full service natural food store and the largest in the Algarve. Features a vast gluten free section plus organic baby foods, supplements, organic body care, grains, nuts, dried foods, chilled and frozen foods, pet products, and more. The owner, Meri, is a Canadian with over 25 years of experience in the natural food business and is happy to assist if you have any question. She can also advise on local eateries and sights to see. more-less

First Review by hvor_poetisk
sally14
sally14

• non-vegetarian

Great Stop shame about prices and staff

3 Posted on 07 / 26 / 2013

I love health foods and shopping in specialist shops and online in the UK. Really surprised and delighted to find Harmony Health in small holiday location in Portugal. However the prices were amazingly high and I spend a lot of money on health foods in UK so used to doing so. Worse the staff were rude, unhelpful and off putting. Good stock if you care to pay for it and have poor service

Pros: good stock for location
Cons: over priced, rude staff, closed sunday
  • luzlady luzlady

This little gem in Luz, belongs to my sister Meri. Many times I was kept waiting for her while she dealt with her customers to help in anyway she could. Her customer service is the very best and everyone is made to feel important and special. How she is able to bring the products she does to the Algarve is amazing to me. Her's is just a little shop however her stock is second to non. She is loved and greatly admired by all the XPats in the village as well as the local Portugese. It truly sickens me to hear the earlier comment about the costs and someone felt they were not treated special enough. No matter how hard anyone tries to please everyone this is proof that even with Meri's amazing personality sometimes it just doesn't work. For that angry person to take the time to write a negative comment hope it makes you feel better after all that is my sister's number one objective... to make everyone feel better.

• Stevo Stevo

The staff at Harmony Earth, are far from rude! In my experience and I´ve been using it since it opened, they cannot do enough for you. They´re friendly, informative and like the response upstairs states, they bend over backwards to help!
    I feel the comment about prices is unfair. As Sally 14 said, it´s a little shop in a small holiday location. How can you compare this to health food shops in the UK?
    In my opinion, it has got to be the best shop of this type I have ever used.
    Thank you Meri, your shop is an asset to our local community!

• meecy25 meecy25

Rude staff?? I have been using this shop for years, and the staff ALWAYS bend over backwards to help, as for prices, this is not your local high street store, they bring in some very special stuff that you cannot get over here, what with their overheads including shipping and taxes you should expect to pay a wee bit more than home. I love the shop, and always will...well done Meri and staff, keep up the good work.

chrdold
chrdold

nice shop

5 Posted on 09 / 06 / 2012

You find great stuff here, including some extraordinary stuff I haven't seen before (readymade dishes and stuff from far away).
It is not right at the beach as shown in the map but more in the city.

hvor_poetisk
hvor_poetisk

Good

3 Posted on 07 / 23 / 2012

Nice shop with almost everything a vegan/vegetarian might want, from body scrubs to non-dairy milk. However, the products were a little over-priced and the service was just not as welcoming as I would have loved it to be. Seeing that most Portuguese supermarkets (at least in this area) sell non-dairy milk products etc, while other either pharmacies or beauty stores (or whatever you like to call stores that sell personal care products) have the same products to smaller prices I have no reason to recommend this store as a "must-visit". When all that negative stuff has been said I have to mention the great variety of products available in this store and that it is defiantly worthy a visit.

Pros: Great variety
Cons: Over-priced
  • sally14 sally14

completely agree the prices are higher than they should be and the staff were not welcoming at all - did not acknowledge my presence or thank me for custom too busy chatting to friends in the shop - when I tried to enter the shop as door was open was rudely advised "we are not open" it was 2 mins before the opening time - how rude and discouraging - I left and did not return - pity as planning to spend a small fortune that day

Dear Owner and Manager of Harmony Earth: