Sister restaurant to Portland's Prasad, opened summer 2013. Offers an organic, gluten-free food menu, extensive juice and smoothies list, house cocktails, beer and wine. Somewhat fancy by local standards. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Organic, American, Fusion, Juice bar, Beer/Wine

holter
holter

Excellent!

Posted on 03 / 22 / 2015

Great stopping place while walking around the neighborhood. I really liked the food and they have a good selection of organic tea as well.

Pros: Great food, Great variety
Cons: Busy
Juniper3_3
Juniper3_3

Loved it!

Posted on 01 / 21 / 2015

My husband and I stopped here while we were visiting Portland. We had never heard of it, but we stumbled across it and were excited to see that the menu posted in the window was all vegetarian. The staff was friendly and the atmosphere was lovely and relaxed. The food came out quickly and it was delicious. I can't wait to go there again on my next trip to Portland!

Pros: Breakfast, Menu has variety
Cons: A tad expensive (but it was worth it)
VintageVariety
VintageVariety

good food

Posted on 09 / 21 / 2014

food is good but pricy. drinks very pricy. staff very hipster. we were the only people in there who didn't look like models, the 3 times we went.

Pros: good food
Cons: spendy, felt out of place

MelissaRobinphoto
MelissaRobinphoto

Nom!

Posted on 02 / 26 / 2014

Harlow was a little busy my first time in but everyone was very smiley and nice. I love the interior... my food was absolutely amazing, worth the wait. I had the vegan huveos rancheros, perfect amount of spice and fulfilled all my cravings. Very plentiful serving as well. Coffee also brewed to perfection.

Will return next time I am in portland.

Pros: presentation , service, good value
Cons: busy, long wait
RabbitEars
RabbitEars

Harlow Makes Us Happy

Posted on 11 / 16 / 2013

Portland is famous for vegan options, but doesn't have a huge selection of raw ones. OK, to be fair where does? Harlow answers the call for raw vegan options in a big way.

The space feels warm, comfortable, and spacious, thanks to its Prasad owners. Imagine a yoga studio with ten tables randomly placed in the room. Soft music (not the standard PDX punk soundtrack) compliments the mood. Staff are friendly and attentive - no cooler than thou hipsters.

There are plenty of raw and vegan options to choose from. Our party ordered a wide selection and found everything to be tasty. It likely helps that things are prepared fresh - no freezer to microwave stuff here. The only disappointment was that the delicious-sounding daily soup had been so popular it had sold out. We were the first to try the new alternative, but happily found it to be pretty darn good too.

Harlow is a new favorite of ours. Give them a try - definitely worth a visit!

Finding a parking space on busy Hawthorne is always hit or miss, but no problemo - there were plenty of spots around the corner on side streets.

Pros: delicious, ambiance, raw
mblack
mblack

It's about time!

Posted on 09 / 05 / 2013

I have a business right down the street and I was thrilled when I happened to be walking by and decided to check out the menu in the window. I am gluten free and vegan-ish, so whenever a new place opens I'm usually not given reason to be thrilled. Not only did Harlow give me a reason to be thrilled, but the food here is TASTY and plentiful! A bowl of beans and kale never sounds that good on a menu, but these folks know how to jazz it up with yummy sauces, spices and just the right garnishes. I've eaten here about 8 times since I discovered it about a month ago. Their juices are delicious. They offer great looking desserts and specially made Kombucha. The portions are large. I would like it better if they were a little smaller and charged a dollar less. My only complaint is that they charge $1.50 per coffee refill since they have to make it to order. They could solve this by offering French press as an option and having standard brew on hand as well for those of us who like more than one cup of coffee. Highly recommended!

Pros: Great food!, Tasty juices!, Helpful staff!
Cons: No coffee refills., A bit pricey., Portions a bit too large!

Dear Owner and Manager of Harlow: