CLOSED: HappyCakes

Vegan cafe near U4 metro station Friedensbruecke and railway station Franz Josefs Bahnhof. Established summer 2013 by a mother-daughter team. Offers vegan baked goods and light food like salads, sandwiches, and wraps. Has soy, oat, and almond milk. Free wi-fi. Confirmed closed, Oct 2014. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Organic, Bakery, Austrian, European, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Take-out
Nordbergstrasse 6 (9th District)
Vienna, Austria 1090
+43-6603511460

Call for hours - tell us

• Cash only

First Review by brummkeks
JazzyCow
JazzyCow

Happy Place, Happy Staff, Happy Cakes ^_^

Posted on 08 / 10 / 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed my visit to Happy Cakes while on vacation in Vienna, so much to the point that I went a second time, even though I was only there a few days! The staff are SO friendly (I met the mother and daughter who own Happy Cakes, and both were so pleasant). They were happy to serve me while seated, and we had a nice chat. Make sure to take a look at the cookies and cakes before sitting down, so you have an idea of what to choose. The cakes were AMAZING -- they don't "taste vegan" at all, and that's more proof a vegan diet can be just as fun and delicious (but cruelty-free) as compared to a non-vegan diet. Happy Cakes is a must visit for anyone in Vienna! I ordered a soy melange coffee, a lemon cake with maple glaze, a toffuti tart, and two cupcakes (raspberry cupcake and a peanut butter cupcake), both topped with vegan whipped cream/frosting.

Pros: very friendly staff, delicious cakes , lots to choose from
IanEiloart
IanEiloart

Lovely cakes

Posted on 07 / 06 / 2014

Lovely cakes, and coffee. Also vegan "cheese and ham" toasted sandwiches. Decent price, English menu on request. Several trams stop just around the corner.

Pros: Vegan goodies., Great coffee and cakes.
Cons: Cash only.
Saruh
Saruh

Great place to enjoy salty and sweet vegan snacks

Posted on 08 / 02 / 2013

The friendly owners offer directly next to the Franz Josef train station homemade vegan snacks. I love that they use primary organic and local food. This makes it even more interesting to support.

I have been there several times and tried the sweet and salty snacks. They have muffins and cupcakes which change every day. They are fluffy and very tasty. For a snack you can eat hummus, wraps, toast or a daily changing salad. I love the greek salad and toast.

You can also sit outside. Its very clean and a nice location to meet friends.

Pros: good portions, tasty sweets, friendly owners
Cons: too far from home, no delivery, no breakfast

brummkeks
brummkeks

50% off after 7 pm for sweet stuff!

Posted on 07 / 31 / 2013

Went there for happy hour. After 7 pm (until the café closes at 8 pm) all the sweet stuff is only half the price - which makes it a great deal!

We tried different muffins (blueberry, peanut-banana, sweet potato), a rasberry-vanilla-cupcake and the hummus plate. The sweets were all delicious, so was the cafe latte we had with it. The hummus plate included three scoops of differently flavoured hummus that were very nicely arranged and came with a roll and vegetable slices (carrots, cucumber and bell pepper). Unfortunately it was a bit boring and the hummus only okay.

The owners are super friendly and the place is very clean and welcoming. The only downside is its location a bit off from interesting areas. But Vienna is small and the café can be reached fast with public transportation, by foot or bike.

Pros: happy hour , yummy sweets, very friendly staff
Cons: location is a bit off
  • HappyCakes HappyCakes

Thank you for your review. Please note that the Happy Hour was only in July. We have different promotions each month - you can check them on our website or on facebook

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: HappyCakes: