Chinese food in a food court setting. Extensive menu with 100+ items, has 5 flavor of gluten for making vegetarian dishes. Uses egg so specify vegan dietary needs. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Chinese, Fast food, Take-out
109 – 303 Centre St SW
Calgary, Alberta T2G 2B9
Now Open

Mon-Sun 11:00am-8:00pm

First Review by librarypunk

A facility that serves mock meats!

Posted on 08 / 12 / 2015

I visited this facility over a year a go. From what I remember all the food was really good. This also have great mock meat dishes, which are a person favorite of mine!
Updated from previous review on Friday July 24, 2015

I went there again and there food was amazing and well priced. I didn't remember they took only cash. Also the location can be a bit hard to find if you don't know where you are looking as they are not very well marked. The staff was very friendly, though not fluent in Enlgish, but very helpful and eager to please.

Pros: Great food, Fast, Kind Staff
Cons: Lacking ambiance, Only cash, Could be hard to find

Vegan Chinese Food - Great For Lunch!

Posted on 03 / 25 / 2014

This place closed down late last year, but I'm happy to see that it's now open again as of March 2014. They have re-branded but it appears to be more or less the same place it was.

They have a large menu, but I mostly go for lunch where they offer a daily selection of mock meats (sweet and sour, BBQ, etc.) and a few Chinese style dishes. You can order 1, 2, or 3 items with rice. You can eat for under $10 the quality is acceptable for the price.

Note: you can also get a vegetarian bibimbap from the Korean restaurant in the same food court. Sometimes this place is randomly closed when I go, so I get Korean instead.

Classic veggie house delights are back!

Posted on 03 / 16 / 2014

I was so happy to see a vegetarian restaurant open up in this long time veg restaurant space, and it turns out its the previous owners of old school calgary favourite Veggie House. The menu is huge with over 120 items and they have 5 flavours of gluten (sweet/sour, bbq pork, curry...). I have tried a fair amount of things, my favourites being the taro root rolls, bean curd rolls, vegetarian meat fried shanghai noodles (they have great wok hay here!) and the noodle soups which are soup versions of some of the popular stirfry dishes, so satay veggie beef and the veggie house noodle soup in lovely broth with shanghai/udon noodles. I love the dishes with yuba, fungus, shiitakes! great chili oil!

The fried rice contains egg but can be easily left out. They have egg-free chow mein noodles on order so make sure to ask after them if required.
It is located in a food court setting but it has full table service.

Pros: affordable, good portion sizes, great wok hay, very tasty, friendly staff,

Dear Owner and Manager of Happy Veggie House: