Asian fusion cuisine. Hungarian Goulash and the Pho Vietnamese soup are popular. All vegan as of July 2011. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Asian, International, Organic, Vietnamese
1711 Branham Lane Ste A9 (Camden Ave)
San Jose, California 95118

rebecca.bguttadauro
rebecca.bguttadauro

So many options!

Posted on 11 / 04 / 2014

This is another go-to for my husband and I, particularly because they have so many options. I attempt to try something new everytime I'm there. I've had the pad thai (ehh...), fish sticks (so good, their tartar sauce, yum!), tacos with "shrimp" (I really liked these! especially their rice and beans), chikn burrito (really hated the flavor of the chikn, had to throw it away), spaghetti and meatballs, burger, mac and cheese, egg rolls, and buffalo cauliflower. For the most part I really like a lot of their food, they have great desserts. Don't come here if you're in a hurry, the service is good but the food is cooked fresh and takes time.

Pros: all-vegan, lots of options, inexpensive
Cons: slower service
gr33n0rchid
gr33n0rchid

No Substitution

Posted on 06 / 28 / 2014

The food is great except the Vietnamese sandwiches (a little bland). Only issue is the owner won't let you substitute or change anything about the food. I know the cheese is vegan but I don't like cheese on my burger so why can't I leave it off? The lay is nice, just stubborn...like a mom. Drumsticks are a must have!

Pros: Tastes Great, Adorable
Cons: No Substitution
magickbaby
magickbaby

Yummers !

Posted on 09 / 27 / 2012

This place is sooooo yummy and so affordable. The owner is a sweetheart. She came out and conversed with us, not in the.."I have to do this cause I'm the owner" way, but she really talks, shares, recommends and genuinely cares about what you think.I can't wait to go back again !

Pros: Yummers !

conservomom
conservomom

Good food, nice folks

Posted on 01 / 17 / 2012

Good food - my favorite is the seaweed salad. Some dishes are a little too heavy on the faux meats for my tastes but I like lots of veggies. Service is sometimes slow, but owner & staff are very friendly.

Pros: good value, friendly staff
Cons: inconsistent service
thomaspk
thomaspk

Happy Bamboo, San Jose, California

Posted on 06 / 19 / 2011

This is one of my favorite vegan restaurants. It has an extensive menu and the owner, Binh, is great to talk with. So far as I can tell from the menu, Happy Bamboo is true-blue vegan and so should probably be reclassified in the HappyCow description. It would be good if Binh and the HappyCow staff could check with each other to see if this is warranted.

PsychoKlown
PsychoKlown

Amazing Burgers

Posted on 08 / 03 / 2007

My girlfriend saw the restaurant the other day so we came back and eat there. Best vegetarian food! I didn't realize how close this was to my house. I'm gonna be a regular.

Pros: Amazing Burgers!, Delicious Food, Extremely Friendly Staff
dogmother
dogmother

pleasant surprise!

Posted on 04 / 11 / 2007

We visited this restaurant for the first time and were pleasantly surprised. I had the lemon grass veggie chicken and my husband had the veggie chicken teriyaki. The owners made rounds to check on customers, and the service was very good. We also saw several customers who appeared to be regulars. The food was VERY good. The lemongrass veggie chicken was spicy but not too spicy---just right! Prices are also good: all under $10.00. I think we will become regulars too. :)

Pros: tasty food, service, price
Cons: none

Dear Owner and Manager of Happy Bamboo: