Happiness Healthy Cafe

Serves meat, veg options available. Wraps, paninis, soups and more. Could ask for vegan. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Lacto, Indian, American, Take-out, Non-veg

diminyc
  • non-vegetarian

Nothing particularly Happy or Healthy

Posted on 09 / 23 / 2014

I was really excited to try this place after seeing an ad in a local magazine. I thought from the (rather misleading) name and description that it was a health food cafe. It turned out to be your very basic Indian food cafe. Now, I love Indian food and have gone to Indian restaurants all over the world, except for India, and I even make it myself at home too (I'm not Indian). The guy taking my order who I think also dabbles as a cook and is possibly the owner, seemed to be of Indian descent which is always a good sign in my book- so I figured he'd know his Indian food !
Alas, the food was very disappointing- out of the 3 things I ordered (Gobi Matar, Golden Gram lentil and spinach curry, and tomato soup), only Gobi Matar had some semblance of what I'm used to getting in Indian restaurants. Tomato soup was overly sweet (it's still sitting in our fridge as no one wants to eat it) and Gram Dal was extremely soupy and also way too sweet. Basmati rice was ok, but nothing to write home about.
And the mother of all Indian food, Naan bread ? Well, it's store bought !

As for the service ? Just one word- bleh...

In summary- nothing happy (or healthy) about this place. The only good thing is they have clearly noted "vegetarian" and "vegan" dishes on the menu.

Also, the decor (if you can call it that) is pretty random- it's like they threw a bunch of things together from garage sales, Pier 1 or Ross' housewares department, especially the food "art" on the walls.

Perhaps they should rename to something like "Bombay palace" and stick to proven and time-tested Indian recipes. And instead of spending $$ on flat screen TVs to display menus, perhaps they'd be better spent on nice chairs and counter- both of which look pathetic, among other things !
It really is a shame- Ft. Myers area has practically no good health food (vegetarian, raw, etc) or good Indian restaurants. And here's another botched attempt. I hope the owners read this and take notice.

Pros: None
Cons: Food, Decor, Service
DrGraceGniazdowska
DrGraceGniazdowska

Awesome, absolutely aesome!

Posted on 02 / 13 / 2014

I stopped there a few months ago when I was passing by. I tried the mango lassi and I fell in love. The freshest tasting most wonderful lassi I have ever had and I had many at many places in many states. You can taste the fresh Mango and fresh yogurt, not too sweet as some places make them. I have gone back every time I am in the area and I have never been disappointed. Every time the same fresh divine flavour, it makes my taste buds dance :) You just have to try it :)

Joni
Joni

Awesome Naanwich

Posted on 02 / 07 / 2013

Really great food. I had a tofu Naanwich and a Mango Lassi. Both were excellent. Owners were incredibly sweet and friendly. Probably the best food I had while visiting Fort Myers and I visited a lot of restaurants.

Pros: Many options

Peacelovevegan
Peacelovevegan

Love the cauliflower curry

Posted on 08 / 31 / 2012

This place is just too good, the owner's so sweet. Lots of vegan options that are labeled, and you can get plain naan or buttered naan. Great for takeout.

Pros: vegan options, fast service
shivu29
shivu29

Exlantooooooooooo

Posted on 05 / 02 / 2012

Nice small cute place to visit for Indian Cuisine, never see the Indian cuisine combo before, Food is very good. Like the Naanwich(Panini) concept realy great.

Pros: excellent food, healthy cuisine, good value
Cons: small

Dear Owner and Manager of Happiness Healthy Cafe: