Vegan restaurant, opened summer 2013. Has a living-kitchen concept with a daily changing menu and various desserts. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, American, Western
Lappenbergsallee 41
Hamburg, Germany 20257
n/a

Mon-Fri 12:00pm-10:00pm, Sat 10:00am-10:00pm, Sun 10:00am-5:00pm

First Review by Charlotte.Breier
KerryLydon
KerryLydon

delicious burgers and friendly staff

Posted on 04 / 16 / 2016

A lovely neighbourhood restaurant which is very popular. Small menu of burgers and salads but everything we had was delicious and well presented. Very filling so we didn't have time for dessert sadly; the desserts looked delicious. Very friendly staff too.

VeganStewardess
VeganStewardess

Taste explosions on your taste buds

Posted on 03 / 05 / 2016

✴️ Hamburg ✴️ Happen Pappen
I don't often rant and rave about delicious food but this place brings out the best in vegan dishes. You can taste the love that goes into the food. The menu changes every day so it's always a nice surprise if you are keen on versatility. The location is cosy with two back rooms to accommodate guests. The only down side is, if you are late for lunch you will not find a place to sit. Unfortunately they do not take reservations so it's best to come once they open for lunch at 12:00. They server a huge selection of home cakes too - displayed nicely for you to see. It's not easy to leave space for cake as they serve good size lunch portions. I finished off with a superb Avocado cake.

Pros: Very friendly , Good size potions
Cons: No reservations
StevieSurf
StevieSurf

A perfect choice

Posted on 12 / 25 / 2015

This is a great spot - a good range of daily options. Carefully prepared foods. A good range of cakes and puddings. Lovely old building but also chic yet low key. Super friendly staff.

Pros: Great food , Lovely staff, Interesting neighbourhood

NathalieD86
NathalieD86

You have to come here!

Posted on 11 / 28 / 2015

I was in Hamburg only for two days and I went here twice and would have gone back if I would have stayed longer :) I can not think of anything bad to say about this place. I love the open kitchen, the staff is very friendly and the food is amazing! It really tastes home made and it feels comforting which is very nice when you have been traveling for a while.

Pros: Amazing food, Very friendly staff, Open kitchen
wwwater
wwwater

My favourite vegan place in Hamburg

Posted on 10 / 24 / 2015

I like absolutely everything about this place: the food (sandwiches, pancakes, burgers,..), the sweets (cakes, breads,..) and the lemonades in the summer, the people who work there and the atmosphere.

Pros: delicious food, cosy atmosphere, fiendly staff
renatahelm
renatahelm

Revitalising!

Posted on 08 / 30 / 2015

Very good food with very nice people working there. This is what veganism is all about. Had the tempeh sandwich which was amazing and don't forget to grab a piece of cheesecake. :)

zoehh
zoehh

nice break during bicycle tour

Posted on 07 / 21 / 2015

i visited this small vegan cafe during lunch break and it was the right stuff for me to refresh my fuel cells for the next half of my bicycle tour :-) I had a quiche with salad, homemade orange+tonka lemonade and finally two carrot cake slices for tea time later on. I was sitting outside and the site filled up during dinner time. The prices were moderate, for me it was about 14€. I think i will come back again this time with my better half ;-)

Pros: Selfmade lemonade, you can sit outside
gregorbttp
gregorbttp

One of the best places in town

Posted on 06 / 16 / 2015

Though it's not located in the city centre, this restaurant is always worth visiting. Focusses on healthy ingredients and is thus not exactly the cheapest place around, but, as you get what you pay for, this is rather a pro than a con. The menu mostly depends on the day of your visit: With quiches, soups and salads constantly on offer, the lunch changes daily. Also, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday are considered burger days. On weekends, breakfast and/or brunch is offered.
Important sidenote: At least 1 (one) dish is always gluten-free.

Pros: International cuisine, Healthy ingredients, Cosy atmosphere
Cons: Located outside the city centre
Sandra83
Sandra83

lecker und gemütlich

Posted on 06 / 09 / 2015

drei Räume stehen zur Verfügung, alle einfach aber gemütlich eingerichtet

Cons: moderate
Semiconductor
Semiconductor

Brunch

Posted on 05 / 24 / 2015

HappenPappen offers sometimes brunch, e.g. at Pentecost 2015 (Sunday and Monday; 2 shifts: 10:30 - 12:00 & 12:30 - 14:00).

We ordered a table for four; neccessary as the location was sold-out.

We were surprised by the the wide variety of offers, e.g. soup, pancakes, rolls, marmelade, salats, vegan "scrambled eggs", cake,... Impossible to try everything. Coffee and orange juice included.

Good price, but much more important: Very delicious!!

Pros: Price, Offers, Taste
Veg Eater
Veg Eater

Alas ... a microwave!

Posted on 08 / 15 / 2014

Nice, comfy atmosphere, lovely staff, yummy and affordable food. The big downer,though, is that for some meals (e.g. quiche) they use a microwave oven! They are aware of the issue with microwaves but say they have no other option due to space limitations. We encouraged them to do some research into healthier ways to warm food. We'll be going back but will make sure to avoid anything from the microwave oven...
Updated from previous review on Friday August 15, 2014

Updated from previous review on Friday August 15, 2014

Felissi
Felissi

Nice place for cake and coffee

Posted on 05 / 11 / 2014

This place is a bit hidden in a small street aside from the big shopping streets or areas with many restaurants around, so you may not come around by incidence and have to go there on purpose.
But it is definitely worth doing so, the atmosphere is very positive, the room in the back was completely empty, so I cannot say how it is to sit there. But I think the tables in the front besides the kitchen are the better choice. We had some nice cake, it was very good, the price reasonable and the choice was very huge. I also liked it that they had no fancy cakes with lots of cream but very simple cakes like carrot or chocolate cake. I will definitely come again although the way is quite long to get there. I also saw people coming in to buy food to take away, so that might also be an option.

Pros: nice atmosphere, reasonable prices, good choice of cakes
Cons: location
ChristianaHasldorf
ChristianaHasldorf

So friendly and warm here

Posted on 04 / 13 / 2014

The staff was so friendly and the cake and coffee we had was absolutely delicious. First place I want to go to, if I get back to Hamburg!

elrujo
elrujo

CHECK IT OUT

Posted on 02 / 27 / 2014

right guys, come over and c for urself

amazing vegan raw dates,spirulina balls

Pros: great desserts, good interior design
Cons: a bit small
Polkapie
Polkapie

nice atmosphere

Posted on 02 / 08 / 2014

I had a burger for lunch with a delicious homemade bbq-dressing. The burger and toppings were delicious, but the bun should probably have been kneaded a bit more (it was quite hard to chew, but felt at the same time superhealty). This place is really nice, the staff superfriendly and the atmosphere very good! So I definalty recommend it!

Guest
Guest

Feel at home atmosphere combined with great food

Posted on 08 / 30 / 2013

Roman and his team are welcoming, talkative and really make you feel at home. Well that is basically the concept of this "living kitchen" which distinguishes it from most other restaurants.
I had a lentil soup thai style and cookie dough cake for dessert. Whenever you go there, you should ask for that cake!
What's more, they always give out things to try: I enjoyed a piece of homemade bread with cashew ricotta and a mango lassi.

Pros: the feel at home atmosphere, the food **cookie dough cake**, the fair prices

Dear Owner and Manager of HappenPappen: