Serves meat, veg options available. A beer garden with a separate and clearly labeled vegan selection. Also, chef can sometimes adapt additional recipes for vegans. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Western, Beer/Wine, German Beer Garden, Non-veg

First Review by kelly122581
kelly122581
kelly122581

surprise find!

4 Posted on 12 / 30 / 2013

I found Hanz und Franz accidentally while wandering around in the neighborhood. I did not expect to find a vegan friendly restaurant in the area!! :-)

They serve a few dedicated vegan items including a vegan desert (along with traditional German meat food for your non-veg friends). I did not particularly like the vegan desert (an orange/vanilla custard type dessert) - but I was still thrilled to be able to eat desert in a restaurant!

When my partner and I both ordered vegan dishes, the waitress asked us if we were vegan so that she could bring us a special vegan bread appetizer (delicious garlic bread!).

Prices were good, house wine was good, I will definitely go back!! (If they start offering more vegan main courses and more vegan desserts, I might stop cooking all together :-)
Updated from previous review on Monday December 30, 2013

Pros: clearly labeled vegan food, good prices, big servings, nice service
Cons: not enough vegan desert options

Dear Owner and Manager of Hanz and Franz: