Open in January of 2014, this is an organic burger restaurant where the burgers are all vegan. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Organic, American, Fast food, Take-out
55, rue des Archives
Paris, France 75003

Open Tue-Fri 12-3pm, 7-10pm, Sat 12-10pm, Sun 12-3pm.

First Review by JonJon
Pim
Pim

Best vegan burgers in Paris

5 Posted on 08 / 22 / 2014

Really loved this small vegan hamburger place! Everything is vegan. Even the mayo and the "cheese"!

Service is really kind!

Pros: best vegan burgers in Paris, everything vegan
MaximeDo
MaximeDo

Good Burger

3 Posted on 08 / 09 / 2014

Good Burger, and they have sweet homemade veganaise. In my point of view there are other place in Paris.

Pros: Good burger
Cons: french fries
Neurogrind
Neurogrind

Yummy!

5 Posted on 08 / 08 / 2014

Me and my girlfriend ate here in the rainy day on 6 August 2014. I ate a hamburger with pepperoni and barbecue sauce with vegan cheese and it was amazing!!! My girlfriend ate a hamburger with nachos and it was very tasty! The hamburgers are big and with french fries the menu is satisfying! I recommend the vegan mayonnaise..is amazing! 2 hamburger with vegan cheese+2 french frise with vegan mayonnaise +2 cola bio = 25,00€. Recommended!

Pros: Big Hamburger

Ichliebedackel
Ichliebedackel

Vegan and WONDERFUL!!!

5 Posted on 08 / 03 / 2014

Finally, there is decent, healthy and good tasting fast food in Paris! The food was excellent. The two ladies who do all of the work are incredibly nice and helpful. The prices are reasonable. And there is even free WiFi. What more could you one ask for? I was impressed and hope that the owners make a chain out of this place!

Do try the hamburger with the tortilla chips in it. It is "da bomb". Contrary to what a previous reviewer wrote, they now have French fries. I went for the "big platter" which consisted of a huge, American-sized burger, French fries, and a brownie. I added an organic dark beer to top it off and was in 7th heaven. Oh yea: the home made (vegan) mayonnaise was sensational!

The restaurant is cute, clean (including the bathroom!!!), inviting and cosy. It does get a bit warm in the summer (no air conditioning, in spite of the hot appliances), but it is still worth going to time and time again.

Is there anything to criticize about the place? No, not really. "Fast food" is really a misnomer. Each burger is fresh, so you should not plan on the eat-and-run paradigm, rather you will need a good 45 minutes to order, for your food to be cooked and for you to eat. That is not unreasonable, considering what you are getting.

One last point: The brownies are "good", but not "great". To be honest (in spite of how sick the following sounds), they need more (vegan) butter/margarine to be less healthy, but more authentic. They are served in a tiny, recyclable container with a wooden spoon. But brownies are like hamburgers: the best ones are eaten by hand, they are messy, and you WILL need a napkin when you are finished with them. No spoons...

Pros: Great people, Incredibly great food, Nice place, reasonable prices
Cons: Too hot inside
kennyp353
kennyp353

Expensive

3 Posted on 08 / 02 / 2014

Went there on a Sunday, just up the road at the back of the Pompidou centre. Two burgers, two fries, three drinks, well over €20. The servers overcharged us a euro and then took enormous offence when we pointed out their oh-so-very-definitely-not-deliberate-screwing-the-tourists mistake. And still screwed up the order when we finally got it. The place was like a sauna - so hot we couldn't eat inside. And the food was not much better than cardboard really. It was OK - but not as good as a McDonalds or Burger King veggie burger. There are far better veggie options in Paris than this. Don't go out of your way.

Acim14
Acim14
  • raw

Great taste and charming people

5 Posted on 07 / 06 / 2014

Camille was very sweet and explained with all details their menu,, food was awesome, ,, (was funny cos we chare same name,, mine in spanish is Camilo) ,,

annaegel
annaegel

good food, fair price

4 Posted on 07 / 05 / 2014

My daughter and I had ordered a vegan burger and dessert. The burgers were good. I had the carrot cake (just okay), she had the brownie (yummie)! We were leaving the next day, so we bought 2 cookies, 2 carrot cakes and 2 brownies for our long flight back to the USA. The prices were reasonable, for France. The cookie was a little too sweet, and had a slightly odd flavor for my taste, but my daughter had enjoyed it. She also like the carrot cake as well. We both really liked the brownie.

Pros: good food, fair price
Cons: limited seating, only burgers (and fries or salad), closed Mondays and Tuesdays
Qtea
Qtea

Great burgers

4 Posted on 07 / 04 / 2014

They made us great burgers - I loved the mustard sauce and alfalfa sprouts in mine! Only one variety of Bionade, but that was also my personal favorite, so I didn't complain.

Free WiFi, really nice staff.

Pros: Burgers, Friendly staff, Atmosphere
Richme
Richme

Very good!

4 Posted on 06 / 25 / 2014

It's a little bit hard to see the sign, so keep your eyes open!
The resturant is small and cozy and the food is amazing!!
The staff is helpful and very polite!
Eat here if you get the chance! :)

JustaPack
JustaPack

Great Vegan Treat in Paris

4 Posted on 06 / 19 / 2014

Tasty vegan burgers in the heart of Paris. When in a culture that prizes its self on excellent butter based pastry and creamy cheese, this is a great discovery.

Pros: Delicious vegan burgers, vegan cheese, baked fries/chips
Cons: limited hours
kbevis
kbevis

Yummy burgers & fries

5 Posted on 06 / 02 / 2014

After arriving in Paris, we got dinner here - burgers and fries were both delicious. Definitely get the vegan cheese on your burger. You can get a side salad instead of fries - the cole slaw w/ an interesting dressing was good too. Easy to get to, recommend it!

LeonHarris
LeonHarris

Brilliant burgers

5 Posted on 06 / 01 / 2014

The burgers are brilliant but as other people have reported some of the other items are not quite as nice. It was still fine for me and the fries are oven cooked which is more healthy.

We didn't find the other guests unfriendly as someone else has commented but the place is small. We squeezed into a corner table. However many vegetarian places are small so I didn't feel this was really a problem.

Pros: Brill burgers, Friendly staff, Good price
Cons: Small venue, Extras not as good as burgers
Sharpey09
Sharpey09

Excellent Burgers

5 Posted on 05 / 29 / 2014

The burgers are superb, exactly what I like in a vegan burger. They are very well flavoured with a range of innovative toppings. Best of all, they are really thick and satisfying to bite into.

Overall, good value in the middle of Paris.

Pros: Excellent Burgers, Good location
Cons: Not much seating
erikabooyah
erikabooyah

Cute place

4 Posted on 05 / 16 / 2014

My husband and I loved getting burgers and fries in Paris. The food was pretty good. Nothing crazy. The sauces were our favorite part. The staff was also very nice.

MitziTant
MitziTant

Decent burgers

4 Posted on 05 / 15 / 2014

The burgers were nothing too out of the ordinary, but nice enough. Our fries were sort of hard unfortunately. The portion was small and the veganese that came with the coleslaw was separated when it got served. The location is small but very cosy and the staff was really friendly and translated everything on the menu for us (the menu is only in french).

Pros: Good burgers, Nice area, Friendly english speaking staff
Cons: Menu only in french
Claremveg
Claremveg

Good Burgers!

4 Posted on 05 / 13 / 2014

This place have very nice tasting vegan burgers and good fries. I liked the recycled wrapping paper and it was a agreat price and central location.
The down side is they only has a few seats and while we were there eating some locals arrived and if looks could kill I woulnd't be able to write this now!
My advice would be to go here, but to get a take away and enjoy it without feeling uncomfortable!

Pros: Price , Location , Good tasting fast food
Cons: Too small
SabrinaTtz
SabrinaTtz

Vegan burgers in Paris

4 Posted on 05 / 08 / 2014

For those looking for a nice and cozy place to eat something delicious and meet free, Hank Restaurant is a good option. The hamburgers are 100% vegan and they are really tasty. Besides, the place is very cozy and it's not expensive at all. All the little details are taken care of, organic products, recyclable wrapping paper, vegan dressing for your burgers, all you need to have a nice lunch out.

HappyElo
HappyElo

Vegan Burger

4 Posted on 04 / 04 / 2014

We eat very good vegan hamburger (there are 4-5 different choice) with vegan chees. You can choice salad or potato and a little choice of dessert. I had the chocolate cookie that it's great.
Little place to sit.

Pros: Vegan, Good, Gentle Staff
sampstar
sampstar

Great, Affordable Meal In Paris

5 Posted on 04 / 04 / 2014

For our first meal in Paris, we walked here from Notre Dame. Thankfully, the gentleman spoke English to help us order.
Burger, fry, and a drink for €10. Add €1 for an organic soda. We tried two different burgers and both were tasty. The only thing I probably wouldn't recommend were the fries which were a little soggy and not my favorite (however, the wife liked them how they were).
Definitely recommend the chocolate brownie-like dessert. It is served warm and taste delicious. I kind of love chocolate and it was the best dessert I've had in quite some time.

Pros: Super Friendly, Tasty Food
Cons: Limited Seating
maryveganclimber
maryveganclimber

affordable burgers

3 Posted on 03 / 31 / 2014

I like that this place offers only vegan burgers and other healthy options. Also, they really try to buy organic stuff. Very cozy inside. I would only suggest that their burger patties were bigger and that they could put more sauce and vegetables in their burgers. I found that the burgers were small and a little dry. It's too bad that they charge for vegan cheese.

Pros: great service, vegan and organic, cozy interior
Cons: charge for vegan cheese, small burgers
Notre-Dame
Notre-Dame

No french fries ??

4 Posted on 03 / 10 / 2014

Burgers are very good, tasty and fresh. I really love all of them. But I'm so frustrated because they don't serve any french fries. And who want to eat a burger without fries?
It's so sad. (cookies are very nice too)

Pros: Organic, Staff
Cons: No fries, Small place
JonJon
JonJon

Another good and healthy fast-food in Paris

4 Posted on 01 / 29 / 2014

Hank is the newest veggie fast food of the French capital. It is fully vegan and organic, which is very great. Ironically, they are located just opposite to the hunt museum...

Food is mainly homemade, fresh and tasty. They offer one burger only, with four different sauces. I tried 3 of them: mushrooms, mustard and cocktail/cognac. Every one is really good and gives its taste to the burger. Portions are correct and prices are fair for an homemade vegan organic food in Paris. The menu is less than 10 euros, a burger alone costs 6.5 euros. Their cookies are also nice.

Staff is very friendly but needs to find its rythm (they opened yesterday so, I don't want to blame them!). It could also be interesting for them to develop one or two other burger steaks, maybe with vegan cheese or other faux-meat. But it is good to have an homemade and healthy burger too.

On the whole, here is another good alternative to the pionneers of veggie fast foods in Paris, with its fully vegan and organic food at a reasonnable price.

Pros: vegan, organic and tasty food, friendly staff, pleasant place
Cons: service can be improved (but, it is the beginning!), only one burger with different sauces

Dear Owner and Manager of Hank Restaurant Bio:

Thank you for being a Premium FRIEND supporter.

There's another way to promote your business on HappyCow:

Advertise your large, custom banner on the Paris page, or any other regional page.

Please email us if you have questions, or to get started today!

Last updated: 2014/07/17