Try the veggie burgers. Japanese website has a map for the location. Address in Japanese: 東京都渋谷区神宮前6-28-5. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Macrobiotic, Japanese
6-28-5 Jingu Mae Suite 101, Shibuya Ku
Tokyo, Japan 150-0001
03-64275525

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by loisg
eatinggreen
eatinggreen

Didn't feel great afterwards

3 Posted on 09 / 06 / 2014

Ok so here's a slightly contrasting take to what are so far glowing reviews. We didn't love it.

The location is definitely convenient, but the ambiance is plastic and verging on clinical so not particularly comfortable or appetite inducing. Service was weird - they were clearly trying to please us but it was as if they didn't quite know how to. Well intentioned and doubtlessly lovely people, but they were clearly nervous and it was as if they had never served a customer in their lives before (can only imagine what it would be like if we didn't speak perfect Japanese!)

The menu is quite limited but sufficient at the same time. We went for lunch and tried the veggie burger and the curry, both of which tasted great. Our main problem came after we left - for us, the key reason to eat good food is because of the way it makes you feel. In this case, it didn't make us feel great. Our energy levels dropped significantly and we noticed a definite lack of concentration, focus, collectedness... all signs of a less than optimal meal.

We understand the ingredients are all or mostly organic. Apparently they are grown in Chiba, which is an area we try to avoid post the Fukushima incident.. can't say if this is the reason, or if it's because of the oil they use... or just the energy of the place, but it is a shame as it was otherwise quite decent. Might give it a go another time and see if it is any different.

Pros: organic ingredients, decent flavours, convenient location, well meaning staff
Cons: not great energy, cold, almost clinical vibe, strange vibe to service
Vrymoet
Vrymoet

Great!

5 Posted on 06 / 17 / 2014

We popped in tonight it was great food and well priced. The service was exceptional and our waitress (I assume she was the owner) was extremely polite and spoke English very well! We'll definitely be back!

Lemonly
Lemonly

best vegie burger

5 Posted on 05 / 17 / 2014

Went for lunch. The shop was a little hard to find, down a sort of side street. Worth finding, as the vegie burger is amazing! One of the best I've ever had. Will definitely be back here next time I'm in tokyo.

poopixie
poopixie

Best vegan burger in Tokyo! Love this place

5 Posted on 05 / 04 / 2014

This was our fave place in Tokyo, out of a 2.5 week stay! we ate here 3 times. It's actually a great location in Harajuku/Omotesando and if you're stuck just look for the Audi building as it's just up the road from that on the opposite side towards the intersection. You'll see boards for it outside, next to a Hawaiian burger place. Each time we went the same girl served us who spoke great english, provided an english menu and was so super sweet and helpful. We ate burgers there the first time and it was the best burger I'd had in Tokyo, plus miso soup, chunky chips, salad and pickles, and a yummy bun. this comes with a choice of drink as a set and was delicious. Other dishes we tried were equally yummy with good portions, prices and served with a smile. Highly recommended

Pros: Delicious, Value, Friendly
HappyTiger
HappyTiger

Delicious food, good location.

4 Posted on 03 / 11 / 2014

Very conviniently located and easy to find. The atmosphere is quiet, the decoration simple and comfortable and the food delicious. The staff speaks little English, but they do have an English menu available. The dessert was very nice too. Overall, a little pricy but worth it.

Pros: Food is delicious, Nice desserts, Relaxing atmosphere
Cons: Price
itzjac
itzjac

Fantastic food!

4 Posted on 01 / 28 / 2014

This restaurant took us quite a while to find - we had to ask a girl at the 7-11 store and eventually with her help found it off the main street down an alley.

It is a pretty small restaurant with only a few tables inside and a couple outside.

I ordered the strawberry shake - it was AMAZING! Then came the food.. the veggie burger was one of the best I've had! Not dry at all, with fantastic flavour! My friend ordered the green thai curry - and I have to say it didn't look like anything out of the ordinary, but when I tasted it.. it BLEW ME AWAY! It was the best tasting curry I have had in quite some time!! My boyfriend had the burger plate set and it was also pretty good.

We ordered dessert and it was good too.

Even though it was difficult to find, well worth it for the food!! :)

Pros: Food - Curry & Veg Burger!!
Cons: Difficult to find
10gone2
10gone2

Yummy!

5 Posted on 10 / 03 / 2013

I spent a day in Harajuku with my toddler, and we ate here for lunch. Living in Japan I finding difficult for us to eat completely vegan when we go out to eat as everything pretty much is made with some sort of fish or beef product, so when I found this restaurant I was thrilled! We cleaned our (shared) plate. It was delicious- my little man thought so too. Because tipping isn't necessary in Japan the price for the meal, in my opinion, was decent. Dessert was a bit pricey though. They charge extra for soy milk ice cream, and it was a pretty small serving. But after not being able to find ice cream to eat, the I was more than willing to splurge. We will definitely go back.

Pros: Delicious food
Cons: A bit pricey, A bit tricky to find.
tyrannosaurusveg
tyrannosaurusveg

Great food, a bit expensive

3 Posted on 08 / 10 / 2013

We found this place by accident and really enjoyed our lunch. The staff were very friendly and brought out a menu in English for us. It was very quiet when we were there and felt a bit strange talking in such a quiet, empty space.
The food was delicious but a bit expensive.

Pros: Great food, Friendly staff
Cons: Bit expensive
Aya
Aya

Expensive

3 Posted on 07 / 07 / 2013

The place is nice, but it's way too expensive. Paying 1500yen for a burger (+ a very small salad) or a curry is too much, even in Japan. Drinks and deserts are also expensive. I think coffee starts at 500yen, desserts start at 700yen.
I have nothing against this place, but I doubt I will ever go there again.

Pros: Nice place
Cons: Expensive
leftyeye
leftyeye

Very nice!

5 Posted on 04 / 27 / 2013

Really nice food! It's a bit expensive, but it's worth it. The staff in the evening was very friendly and tried her best. All desserts are tiny and a bit expensive (650 Y) but really tasty. Don't miss this lovely cafe!!

Pros: Delicious
Cons: expensive
Petesternz
Petesternz

Worth the trip!

4 Posted on 08 / 28 / 2012

I liked this place a lot. There is an English menu, and everything I ate was very tasty. A little pricier, but hardly what I would call expensive. The veggie burger is, indeed, very good, and I had a yummy smoothie on a hot day as well. Very bright atmosphere and friendly staff.

Finally, it is not really on a "side street", though it is hard to find. The access point is on the main shopping street. Walking down Meiji Dori away from Meijijingumae Station, stay on the right side of the street and look carefully for signs amongst the various shopping mall signs. It is essentially on the ground floor of one of these malls, tucked away towards the back. It is just past the Hot Dog restaurant.

kumichou
kumichou

Awesome place

5 Posted on 08 / 11 / 2012

The place is a bit small but cozy and the staff were friendly. I really loved their veggie burgers and tofu ice cream.

Pros: Excellent veggie burgers
Cons: A little hard to find
Jeesh42
Jeesh42

Nice, but pricey lunches

3 Posted on 04 / 24 / 2012

The takeaway veggie burger lunch was 800JPY. You got the patty, brown rice, udon noodles and two salads: seaweed and green salad. Could have done with larger portions though, for the money.

The place is slightly hard to find, in a small side street. It closes early, so the best bet is to get a takeaway lunch then eat it outside somewhere in Harajuku.

Pros: Good food
trevor1310
trevor1310

A little hidden, but definitely worth it

5 Posted on 03 / 05 / 2012

The small but clean and bright cafe is slightly hidden from the busy main road, Meiji-dori, as it is in the back of a commercial complex. It is conveniently located, close to 2 popular train stations Shibuya and Harajuku. I honestly think their brown rice is the best brown rice I've ever had. The perfect chewy texture with so much flavor! The cooked sides that comes with their plate lunch deserves praise as well as their main. I had their hamburg (a typical Westernized Japanese dish, like a bun less hambergur cooked in a tomato base brown sauce) which was delicious! So flavorful without over-doing the sauce. I also had their daily dish which was a burdock croquette and deep fried fu (Japanese seitan), which left me very satisfied.

Pros: Delicious, Clean
RuzhaTodorova
RuzhaTodorova

Nice Cafe close to Meiji Shrine

4 Posted on 11 / 11 / 2011

We went to Hanada Rosso for lunch while wondering around the Harajuku district. It's a nice little cafe with friendly staff. We had the detox vegetable curry and a daily special with a tempeh patty. The curry was a little too spicy (even for me, and I love spicy food), and I couldn't quite appreciate the flavor of the dish itself. The tempeh patty was very small, but it was delicious. Both dishes came with a salad and a miso soup on the side. All in all, it was a good value for the price.
You can also buy some vegan baking supplies such as agave nectar and aluminum-free baking powder.

Pros: Good value, Friendly staff
LucidDreams
LucidDreams

Nice cafe

4 Posted on 11 / 01 / 2011

It's a nice place to eat if your shopping in Shibuya. We had veggie burgers which very good and then a icecrream parfait which was yummy. Staff was nice but don't speak much english.

Pros: Good food, Nice staff
Cons: A bit expensive
MissGemma
MissGemma

Conveniently located in Harajuku

3 Posted on 08 / 30 / 2011

I have been to this cafe several times whilst shopping in Harajuku.

Both lunch and dinner consist of a set menu. You can pay extra for desserts and drinks. With some dishes, you have the option of mixed grain rice, brown rice and bread. Some meals come with soup (vegetables in seaweed stock).

At lunch, the best dish I've tried is the veggie burger. The soya patty had substance and the mustard gave it a nice kick. The vegan lasagne was nice, but the lady informed me that it doesn't come up often as they rotate specials frequently. I've also tried the croquette of the day three times, but I've found it very oily each time.
For dinner, I once tried the 'fritto' (battered and fried fake chicken). It was far too oily and made me feel uneasy soon after.

I appreciate the effort this little vegan cafe is making in helping people eat less meat. However, I find the abundance of fried dishes is not healthy. I've also found that the dishes often lack in flavour.

The percentage of salad included in their meals is far too much, in my opinion. It seems half of the plate is salad. For example, if you order the veggie burger, it comes loaded with salad. Then 50% of the plate is salad = 70% of your meal is salad! It further reinforces the misconception that vegans just eat salad, which of course is not true.
For the large amount of salad you get and the small amount of the main dish you ordered, I would say it's quite expensive.

However, this cafe is in a very convenient location if you happen to be shopping in Harajuku/Omotesando. If I'm around there, I know I can at least get a reliable vegetarian meal.

Directions from JR Harajuku Station: Take the Omotesando Exit and walk down Omotesando until you reach the big crossroads. Turn right and stay on the right side of the road. Walk about 5 minutes till you see the Hanada Rosso board outside. The cafe is inside the courtyard.

Pros: Good location in Harajuku, English menu
Cons: Expensive, Too much salad, Some dishes lack flavour
Jepulis
Jepulis

Expensive, food okay

3 Posted on 12 / 05 / 2010

I visited Hanada Rosso on July 2010 and I thought that it was very expensive. I had a burger (very small one), a banana shake (very good, not a big one) and a slice of vegan cheese cake (a very tiny, dry and tasteless). I think it all costed about 2000 yen. The location is good and it is easy to find because it has a sign on a big shopping street.

Pros: good location, easy to find, good banana shake
Cons: expensive, very small portions, a bit tasteless
Doomith
Doomith

Amazing Cafe!

5 Posted on 11 / 13 / 2009

Went to Hanada today and it was amazing. Everything was perfectly clean, the service and food were prompt and amazing. I got the Veggi Hamburg Steak with brown rice which was the best thing Ive eaten so far in Japan! One of the staff members spoke great english as well! Just happened to find the place off the street!

Pros: Best food!, Easy to find location, A+ Staff
loisg
loisg

New location for Hanada Rosso

4 Posted on 10 / 30 / 2009

This restaurant has moved to the Omote Sando area, very convenient to Meiji Jingumae subway station. Small but pleasant location in a courtyard of the Takahashi Building. Very good simple food. We loved the pickles. Specials can be interesting, but the basic menu is good (and available in English). "Fish" and chips is fun, but don't expect french fries. A nice addition to the already vegan rich Omote Sando area.

Dear Owner and Manager of Hanada Rosso: