Non-denominational Christian ministry. Its store sells nutritional supplements, organic fruits and veggies, kitchen equipment, books, DVDs. Hosts seminars and conferences on the property. more-less

First Review by smoorenc
JEPaz
JEPaz

Biblically Based Nutrition

5 Posted on 08 / 17 / 2011

I came from Seattle, WA to visit Hacres for the first weekend of the month cooking classes and seminar. The infomation was clear both Biblically and scientifically sound. All the recipes taught were simple to make at home and delicious. All the food at the cafe was great too. The store has a variety of products including fresh produce from their garden. The staff is very friendly and knowledgeable. I look forward to visiting again.

Pros: Biblically Based, Scientifically Sound, Vegan
Cons: Distance from my home. :-)
kaylene
kaylene

• raw

Delicious

5 Posted on 08 / 05 / 2011

I went her to study Health Ministry and it was a great informative week. The foods was delicious. The Villages of Hallelujah Acres seems to be developing into an idea community right across the street.

Pros: vegan, fresh, appetizing
Cons: far from me, no off the grid houses, no small houses
Razor2027
Razor2027

A Really Great Place To Eat

5 Posted on 09 / 17 / 2010

Smoorenc, I don't know what Hallelujah Acres Cafe that you went to, but I have eaten here numerous times and I have NEVER seen anything close to what you are describing here. The food is first rate...no salad bar and paper plates to be seen. Everything is delivered by a very friendly staff of waiters and waitresses on restaurant quality plating, the food is prepared to order from a very diverse menu, and prepared by a truely amazing cooking team, headed by their executive chef who could teach others a few things about vegan cooking. The decor is very bright, lively and overall pleasing to be around. If this is your idea of a bad dining experience, I would really like to see your idea of what it takes to provide a good one.

Pros: Great food, Atmosphere, Friendly Staff
Eve2
Eve2

Simple, Wholesome Experience

4 Posted on 02 / 26 / 2009

My 3 year old and I visited Hallelujah Acres Store and Cafe for the first time today. The store was lovely and bright, with lots of free health information. There was a wall of equipment like juicers and water distillers, a wall of books for sale on a variety of health and natural foods subjects, a few aisles of natural foods (fresh and pantry), a section for supplements and one for health & beauty. I spent a good 40 minutes in there and could likely have stayed longer if I didn't have a 3 year old with me! The staff was extremely friendly and helpful.

We also stayed for lunch in the cafe. I was delighted that 95% of the food served in the cafe was organic. Another wonderful thing is that it is all you can eat, and the current price for adults is just $5.00!! Children 5-12 are just $2.50 at this time, and under 5 are free.

The salad bar is not huge, but there is PLENTY there for you to choose from and make a lovely meal, then go get a new plate and make a whole new creation until you're full! 2 large areas with baby spring greens or romaine, then several choices of fresh vegetable toppings like shredded carrot, grape tomatoes, cucumber, mushrooms, etc. They serve 1 cooked entree per day, and their website keeps that current. The cooked entree today was veggie pizza and it was really good. They list the ingredients on the pizzas, and the cheese was rice cheese (which has just a small amount of casein in it-dairy). There a few kinds of slaw type salads at the end, along with a fruit salad, fresh orange slices, and a wide variety of nuts and crunchy toppings. The dressings were homemade and dairy free. I absolutely LOVED the ranch dressing, and wished I could have the recipe (ranch dressing is one thing our family is having a hard time giving up in the dairy department!)

The dining area is simple, bright and peaceful. We dine on paper plates and disposable silverware. They offer free purified water and healthy hot beverages in the dining area to go with your meal, or you can purchase bottled juices at the register if you feel you must have something to drink with your meal.

They offer comment cards near the salad bar for giving them feedback.

I felt everything was clean and fresh, and I appreciate a "no frills, no fancy" way to eat...especially to eat a beautiful organic vegetarian meal at a wonderful price!!

I don't think I'd change a thing except to have it closer to my house!

Pros: 95% organic, fresh, excellent value
smoorenc
smoorenc

Like eating in church. We won't be going back.

1 Posted on 01 / 05 / 2008

First; It is a paper plate/ plastic fork sit in small class rooms with advertisements to pay to see their seminars on food and religion place. You pay one fee for the food and you pay for drinks. Then you go to a very small salad bar with one type of entree. The day we went it was rice and peas. They didn't taste too bad. Some of the rice was old and hard though. I think they probably mixed in some left overs from the week before. The rest was salad bar food. I like salads though, But there was lettice and 4 things to add. The worst were the dressings, they were the most water downed dressings I have ever had. They had broken up stale chips too. You buy your drink in line, I got an organic orange/mango drink. It tasted like vinegar. I looked and it had expired 3 months earlier. I took it back up to the register. They said it was close enough to the expired date and that it should be ok. I said 3 months!?!? They gave me partial of my money back, even though only one sip had been taken from the bottle. This shouldn't be called a restaurant by any means. Its in a larger building that looked like an old school. The food line is in the hallway and there are 2 "classrooms" with tables and chairs set up to sit at.

Pros: None, None, None
Cons: classroom sitting, watered down food, stale food, drinks

Dear Owner and Manager of Hallelujah Acres Store: