Halifax Seaport Farmers Market

Find local food companies such as Crowbar Real Foods and other vendors at this indoor marketplace. more-less
1029 Marginal Road

Guest
Guest

A Little Bit of Everything

Posted on 04 / 22 / 2014

As a recent vegan, the market is not as exciting or worthwhile as it used to be. You have to be extremely careful at what is vegan and what is not. Fruition is my favorite stop at the market. Rawthentic sells vegan chocolate, but you have to double check and ask her which ones don't contain honey as she will state that they are all vegan, when they are not. The Kind cookie is vegan and has amazingly delicious goodies. Seeing all the meat and cheese and honey stands can make it depressing to visit the market for a vegan, so I do not go very often. I believe it was Gali’s Healthy Kitchen that claims to be vegan, but uses honey. So be careful as a vegan where you purchase food items. For drinks, Jitterbug soda is a great place as well as the smoothies from Fruition. So there are some choices, just not as much as I would like for a vegan.

Pros: Variety of vegan options, Friendly vendors, Price
Cons: Vendors claiming to be vegan, Too many meat and dairy vendors
trematode
trematode

A must-stop if visiting Halifax

Posted on 12 / 03 / 2013

I stop by the Seaport Market almost every weekend. I buy some of my produce there and I usually get something to eat.

One thing I like about the Seaport Market is that it is full of surprises. There is so much there that you'll miss things if you only go once. I have been going for over a year and I just recently discovered a Turkish booth selling vegan items that have 5 ingredients or less and the German bakery that sells delicious vegan, gluten-free bread.

My favorite vegan vendors include Fruition (raw foods) and The Kind Cookie (vegan, gluten-free baked goods).

Saturday is the day to go. Most of the vendors are there. Saturday is also the busiest day. It's hard to find parking at the market, so we always have to park in pay parking across the street.

Pros: many vegan vendors
Cons: very busy on Saturdays, no parking
QuothTheRaven
QuothTheRaven

Great

Posted on 08 / 04 / 2013

Great selection of local products, including lots of vegan options.

Check out companies like Fruition, CrowBar Real Foods, Gali's Healthy Kitchen, Rawthentic Chocolates, The Main Squeeze, Jitterbug Sodas, The Kind Cookie, Osha Mae Soaps, Little Red Kitsch'n and of course the many vendors with fresh produce.

Pros: Awesome selection
Cons: Animal products

Dear Owner and Manager of Halifax Seaport Farmers Market: