Habibi's Cafe and Market

Serves meat, veg options available. Cafe has a few vegetarian choices, try the falafel. Market sells bulk dried beans, also grains, fruit, and spices. Price: Moderate more-less
Take-out, Middle Eastern, Lebanese, Non-veg

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by Mr. Fox
Mr. Fox
Mr. Fox
  • non-vegetarian

No-Frills But Tasty Mediterranean/Mid-East Cuisine

Posted on 04 / 21 / 2011

The cafe is located inside a Lebanese/Middle Eastern grocery. In addition to the standard Mediterranean/Mid-Eastern vegetarian food, gyros and kebabs were for sale, as well as pastries. It took me a moment to figure out that you had to order from the register toward the middle of the store.

I ordered the veggie plate ($6.95; tabouli, deep fried falafels, baba ganouj, hummus, salad with lettuce and radishes, and pita bread, all served on a styrofoam plate with plasticware). Coca-Cola products were on sale at the register, but I opted to get a bottle of mango juice drink ($3.99/liter).

The falafels were very crunchy on the outside, so much so that it was difficult to get my plastic fork into. Inside, they were delicious, as well as the rest of the meal. Portions were a bit on the light side, good for lunch but perhaps lacking for dinner. I followed the veggie plate up with more of the tabouli (8 oz. for $3.95) and two slices of baklava (forgot the price on that.)

Despite the quirky setup, the cafe was clean, and service was friendly. I'd definitely recommend it, but I wish the portions were a bit more generous.

Pros: Excellent food, Friendly service, Variety of healthy drink options
Cons: Small portions, Served on styrofoam & plasticware, Atmosphere was like a grocery store

Dear Owner and Manager of Habibi's Cafe and Market: